P3 Follow Me??

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just got my P3 in the mail today, after some pretty bad customer service from DJI.

I've been trying to figure out if this thing has Follow Me, but it seems like SDK is not available with this feature yet, is that correct?

It doesn't have Follow Me. Autopilot App is in the process of upgrading their app so that should be out at some point and have more 3rd party features for us P3 guys.

Reactions: proper printshop
We implemented follow me in Litchi, it "works" but to be honest, I don't think it will be very useful generally. Unlike with the P2, you are stuck with the RC on you because of the usb cable.

We implemented follow me in Litchi, it "works" but to be honest, I don't think it will be very useful generally. Unlike with the P2, you are stuck with the RC on you because of the usb cable.

Any idea when you will be getting out of Alpha status for your app? Patiently awaiting the POI portion and will be immediately buying.

Any idea when you will be getting out of Alpha status for your app? Patiently awaiting the POI portion and will be immediately buying.

It won't matter as it won't work until DJI releases the firmware that supports these functions. According to Blade Strike, the firmware might be released in the next 3-4 weeks.

Or it could be 3-4 months. Who knows.

Autonomous flight modes probably will stay in alpha for until DJI releases a firmware that enables them.
We don't know when they will.

To be honest follow me is my least wanted IOC function. My colleague at work loves skiing and other such things. Go Pro is his friend and something like the lily is an appropriate solution for him.
For me the phantom isn't that. It's a third person photo and video platform designed for a pilot. Home lock and POI, and even cable cam would be useful features at times and I'm quite interested in those. But primarily I'm the cameraman not the subject. Differs for everyone though.

Autonomous flight modes probably will stay in alpha for until DJI releases a firmware that enables them.
We don't know when they will.
Very nice APP!

Screenshot_2015-06-27-08-07-38.png

The Autopilot app looks great and very promising! Can't wait till it's official release! Reading up on the thread, looks like there's still the difficulty of DJI holding up the process among other things like shipping batteries, firmware, etc etc. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers