P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

I agree, 100%
e-thumbs-up.jpg

Super new to the world of drones so go easy on me. I purchased a P3A today from best buy. I should get it Tuesday. Will the new firmware come installed? I'm guessing probably not. Should I upgrade firmware before my first flight? I've read both sides where people are having issues and people aren't so as a newbie I really don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated. I don't want to screw this thing up before I take it out for the first flight with my old man.

In my opinion:
YES install new firmware , calibrate IMU and controller.
Fly firstly at beginner mode.
Have fun and land safe.
I concur.

Reactions: Roverggm
Upgraded FW done an IMU cailbration and 2 compass calibrations (first compass calibration was giving 1550 2nd was slightly lower, I imagine both seem fine tho). Flys fine with go App testing P mode atti mode and RTH. Tried litchi and worked fine, did a mission and orbit mode. Turned RC off RTH worked fine. So far so good

Reactions: Erroll
Super new to the world of drones so go easy on me. I purchased a P3A today from best buy. I should get it Tuesday. Will the new firmware come installed? I'm guessing probably not. Should I upgrade firmware before my first flight? I've read both sides where people are having issues and people aren't so as a newbie I really don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated. I don't want to screw this thing up before I take it out for the first flight with my old man.

Leave the old man at home. Let him read all the manuals back and forth 10 times.
PS there is a separate thread dealing with fortune telling and psychic future telling. Look for member named NostrUAVus.

PPS you dont need prop guards. read as many failure scenarios as you can. Practice in mind, what do you do when .... happens....
Wind wind wind. It may be 5m/s at 100 feet but it could be 15m/s at 400+feet. Dont panic.

Reactions: Roverggm
This is off topic and related to the app. Not the firmware.
I am having the same problem with pinching the map display. Works well in the mini map in right corner, but not in full screen. Has to be the app as it started doing it after the app upgrade. I reported this in the app review section. Maybe if everyone does that they will notice and address the issue. I am using iPad Air 2 wifi/cell.

P3P previous levels were AC 1.6.40 RC 1.5.80 IOS app 2.7.1 received red required update msg for RC, AC, and cam when attempting to fly. Downloaded and installed per instructions and message said successful. Display showed AC at 1.7.60 nothing else changed so downloaded 1.7.60 and did manual install and nothing changed. Does 1.7.60 only update AC? Any way to check cam? Would be nice to see something like a matrix in the release notes showing what components are updated based on previous levels instead of "All in one" whatever that means.

P3P previous levels were AC 1.6.40 RC 1.5.80 IOS app 2.7.1 received red required update msg for RC, AC, and cam when attempting to fly. Downloaded and installed per instructions and message said successful. Display showed AC at 1.7.60 nothing else changed so downloaded 1.7.60 and did manual install and nothing changed. Does 1.7.60 only update AC? Any way to check cam? Would be nice to see something like a matrix in the release notes showing what components are updated based on previous levels instead of "All in one" whatever that means.
See here.http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Professional_Release_Note_en_160317.pdf

The biggest problem i had with the firmware update was fixed by linking the RC, thanks to DJI online chat.

I upgraded and was successful with my first try. I have not had any issues. My copter flies like a dream. Video and photos are as good as before.

The only thing that I found is that the GO app settings are back to the defaults so I have to reset them to my preferences.

Other than that there is no reason to delay the update in my opinion.
Just curious - but why shouldn't we do the upgrade ?

My app is up to date (2.7?), but I haven't updated my P3 since December. I'm still using the 1.3, flys great, I feel no need to upgrade, downgrade my equipment

I was in the same situation. I started a thread about exactly this. Lots of discussion. Search my posted threads. Decided to do all the updates before my first flight. Worked perfectly. Flies like a dream. Go for it.

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.7.0060
2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to: v2.7.0
3. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.7.0

What’s New:
1. Improved compass accuracy.
2. Fixed issue of image being corrupted in rare occasion.

Notes:
1. The firmware can be downgraded to v1.6.0040.
Fixed my issue.
Corruption and random filming shutoff

Reactions: edge00
Well, I upgraded everything. All the uploads worked first time. I was able to fly several batteries immediately afterwards.

ALL the 'upload problems' I have read about have been user error or ignorance, in one way or another. The batteries in question are third party batteries, and the new software is working as designed.

The only issue of any consequence I am aware of is the zooming problem, which at worst is an irritation.

People should fly more and complain less.
Could you repeat that in Afrikaans so I can better understand?

Do you know my friend Nick du Toit?

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.7.0060
2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to: v2.7.0
3. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.7.0

What’s New:
1. Improved compass accuracy.
2. Fixed issue of image being corrupted in rare occasion.

Notes:
1. The firmware can be downgraded to v1.6.0040.
I completed the update for my P3A and the remote control and it went through the first time. I've taken it up for four flights and have not had any issues. However I have only used the GO app as I wanted to make sure that everything was working as promised. I noticed the odd flicker on the video feed, but other than that I have not seen anything negative.

Now that I am comfortable I will use the Litchi and the Vertical Studio apps and see how they perform. Both apps have also had updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl