P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

Not all firmware updates involve the battery. This latest one is such an example.
Of course, but thats not what we were talking about.

It was a question about a message and being locked out of flying due to a battery update. I have never seen or heard of such a message or of being locked out. That was the background of my question to @Not A Speck Of Cereal

I can't deny that this is true, but more than once in the past, I have tried to take off and got instead the message on the RC saying to wait because the battery was being updated. Thus, I could not fly until it was done with the update.

Perhaps there is a window in which you can launch before the update begins?
Battery is only updated when the firmware is left on the SD card. The Phantom and the battery would then attempt to update each and every time. You'd not be able to fly until this attempt was done. Once the firmware was removed, this would not happen.

Another issue and possible CRASH issue with DJI-GO 2.7 is if you are flying initially with a 3rd party app e.g litchi and a 3rd party battery and then decide to go to the DJI app whilst mid flight it will instantly cause the quad to land regardless of where it is. OK if in the middle of a field but not so clever if you are over the sea or a cliff. Why not RTH. DJI will probably not be bothered or care as they will say you should not have used the 3rd party battery so tough.
I switch between litchi and dji go app in mid air, it does now land the craft it stay hover. i have not yet tested it with the 2.7 i will test it and confirm about it too :) thanks a lot for this advice will test on mine

With DJI blocking non-DJI Batteries, it's not a good thing for the consumer. Batteries are going to rise in price with zero competition.

Secondly, how long before Apple stipulates that certain bonus flight features are only available in IOS?
dont worry about it, companies that sell those cheap battery will find a way to revert that :) am confident :)

Heard a rumor about the fact that Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro will NOT work with RC with the new firmware installed! I would love to have confirmation of this either way.

As of now I will not be installing the new firmware!

I have a note pro 12.2 and tab s 8.4 and they both work great with the latest firmware

Reactions: CFoxtrot
Did you have any custom camera settings for sharpness etc? Sounds like the update cleans them out.
yes you still have them. On the right just on top of the record button, and shutter control etc is still at the same place bottom of the record button in dji go app :)

dont worry about it, companies that sell those cheap battery will find a way to revert that :) am confident :)
For me, blocking not genuie battery is good. Many of sellers offers original batteries and after it turns out it is not original. In my opinion DJI GO should then WARN user that battery is not original. Then we can return it back or open dispute to not honest seller.

But I agree that we might have use battery on our own risk.

In other hand, these batteries can always be worst, have some errors etc.
I do not wish that someone is using that battery and cause my child any damage that cannot be reverted (hit on eye, cut some of fingers etc).
I know , I know , he should not be flying over people. Yes...we all should make everything good and not against the law. But, do we do?

Am I correct in saying they have added a new way to stop the motors CSC and retained the old way also. In simulator I am still able to do both. Unsure why there are now 2 ways to stop the motors (excluding the left pull down)

The battery issue is not with the firmware 1.7 from what I can see, but with the DJI-Go app. I have gone back to 2.6 and seems OK at the moment ( no real benefit of going to 2.7 for the P3).

Some after market batteries can be as good as the original. Probably made by the same manufacturer. We should have a choice. One of the reasons I use android and not Apple, What next non DJI SD card detected, you have opened the case warning. I am sure the aftermarket people will crack it but that will not help the current batteries out there.

AirSpace2016, The P3 series now provides 2 CSC's. I would think this is to cover a transition period so that the unversed in the new system do not come to grief if trying to do an emergency stop and find the old way no longer works! I suspect that after some familiarisation time a firmware update will eliminate the old version.

AirSpace2016, The P3 series now provides 2 CSC's. I would think this is to cover a transition period so that the unversed in the new system do not come to grief if trying to do an emergency stop and find the old way no longer works! I suspect that after some familiarisation time a firmware update will eliminate the old version.

The majority of people would never know about the CSC change as only really been discussed on forums. DJI website does not tell you anything or give change log when you update via online or SD. SO how will people get used to a new hidden feature if they do not know about it.

The majority of people would never know about the CSC change as only really been discussed on forums. DJI website does not tell you anything or give change log when you update via online or SD. SO how will people get used to a new hidden feature if they do not know about it.
The new method of shutting down is specifically for the P4 and is described in the P4's manual on page 53. The change is to accommodate both in the same app and RC.

Has csc during flight been eliminated for us now? It would be nice not to be mindful of that during flight anymore.

Has csc during flight been eliminated for us now? It would be nice not to be mindful of that during flight anymore.
My testing suggests that the P4 method was added and nothing was taken away. (I have not tested either method of CSC in mid-flight.)

Care to share the joke?
Not really, it's private I guess. It has to do with constant firmware updates, and even if they say they are a benefit, there are still tons of problems. Rc's, batteres, screen problems, wont upload, aircraft wont take it, it's just hilarious.

Not really, it's private I guess. It has to do with constant firmware updates, and even if they say they are a benefit, there are still tons of problems. Rc's, batteres, screen problems, wont upload, aircraft wont take it, it's just hilarious.
Well, I upgraded everything. All the uploads worked first time. I was able to fly several batteries immediately afterwards.

ALL the 'upload problems' I have read about have been user error or ignorance, in one way or another. The batteries in question are third party batteries, and the new software is working as designed.

The only issue of any consequence I am aware of is the zooming problem, which at worst is an irritation.

People should fly more and complain less.

Well, I upgraded everything. All the uploads worked first time. I was able to fly several batteries immediately afterwards.

ALL the 'upload problems' I have read about have been user error or ignorance, in one way or another. The batteries in question are third party batteries, and the new software is working as designed.

The only issue of any consequence I am aware of is the zooming problem, which at worst is an irritation.

People should fly more and complain less.
I agree, 100%

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl