P3 Bought today, return tomorow

Reaction score
With much anticipation I bought my 1st Phantom 3 Advanced today, Followed all instructions and A. The motors do not turn on, On the Pilot Ap I get a DISCONECTED notice at the top of the display And a black screen (the sat map does show up in the corner though). Did the firmware upgrade on both the Phantom and the Remote. But alas no improvement. I Own 2 Phantom 2vplus so I know how to turn start the motors.

what app android or IOS? if adroid you need to enable developer mode.

why give up so easy this isn't a p2+ big difference between the two

What device you using? Not all devices are compatible.

Sounds like you don't have the cable from your remote plugged into your cell phone/tablet. Either way if you don't want it I'll gladly take it.

Adroid Pilot ap, even tried deleting ap and downloading again, I would know how to enable developer mode. Pilot ap read that firmware upgrade was needed if I got a No Conection bar at the top. So I did the up grade. same problem and the motors will not start. I really wanted this, I have two Phantom 2vPlus and I knew this was more involved, however I and my son the tech geek spent 6 hours trying to find the cure. I mean I know to start the darn motors that pretty basic.

If you're getting "No connection" at the top try these steps, they worked for me

Restart your phone. Turn on controller. Plug in usb. Then open app. Then power up the bird. Hope it helps.

Courtesy of fellow forum member Coldfire

Sounds like you don't have the cable from your remote plugged into your cell phone/tablet. Either way if you don't want it I'll gladly take it.
The cable was in fact plugged in and the pilot ap launched on my tablet as soon as I powered the remote.

Im confused. You Said you would know how to enable developer mode or not ?

Sounds to me that's your issue.

The cable was in fact plugged in and the pilot ap launched on my tablet as soon as I powered the remote.

Read my post and try it.

Can you control the gimbal with your controller? Also generally while phantoms are in update mode/plugged in (including the P2) they can't have the motors powered on, as a safety precaution.

Read my post and try it.

Can you control the gimbal with your controller? Also generally while phantoms are in update mode/plugged in (including the P2) they can't have the motors powered on, as a safety precaution.
Yes I can control the gimbal, and no I did not try to power the motors while update. I went through the set up set by step following the video tutorials and the manual. And did the update to the letter.

No I do not know how to get to the the developer mode, or even what to do once I found it.

If you tell us what android device you're using we can point you towards a tutorial to help you. It might be that you don't have USB debugging enabled.

It also might be that you are turning the pilot app on too early. Evidently you need to have the controller and the phantom on before turning on the Pilot app.

Simply Google devoloper mode for android and enable USB debugging. That's your problem.

Go to settings / about device then click on build number repeatedly till you see a message that saws developer mode enabled....then go back to main setting page and select developer options and place a check mark in the usb debugging tab
Screenshot_2015-05-21-22-42-45.png
Screenshot_2015-05-21-22-42-52.png
Screenshot_2015-05-21-22-42-59.png

Reactions: Julius717
With much anticipation I bought my 1st Phantom 3 Advanced today, Followed all instructions and A. The motors do not turn on, On the Pilot Ap I get a DISCONECTED notice at the top of the display And a black screen (the sat map does show up in the corner though). Did the firmware upgrade on both the Phantom and the Remote. But alas no improvement. I Own 2 Phantom 2vplus so I know how to turn start the motors.
Did you download the app from the dji website or the play store? I used the one on the play store and it did not work well at all. You have to get the latest app directly from the dji phantom downloads area.

Once you've figured out how to enable USB debugging, the next thing to try is to rebind your controller w/ the bird.

I agree with USB debugging. Also, I believe that you need to register your Phantom through the app before you can start your motors.

Reactions: damitjim

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31