P3 battery charging - parallel charging board

Reaction score
hey everyone.

Just got my P3 advanced. Loving it.

I was wondering if anyone had used this type of charger?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rapid-Batte...536?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5674bfdd48

Didn't know if charging more than one battery at once would affect anything. Would it be too big of a draw on the power supply?

This is the first rc product that I've had where the lipo battery didn't have balance leads and a pos/neg lead that would allow for charging on an aftermarket programmable charger.

Any thoughts?

Didn't know if charging more than one battery at once would affect anything. Would it be too big of a draw on the power supply?

The manual says that you should not charge the controller and phantom batteries at the same time as that could exceed the capacity of the power supply. So, I assume it wouldn't be a great idea to charge two phantom batteries either.

I had a multi-charger for my P2, basically it was a larger power supply with 3 cable outlets and battery connectors. It worked well and would charge 3 batteries in the same time as charging 2 with the OEM single charger. As the charge controller in embedded in each battery you just have to make sure the power supply is large enough to supply 3 batteries at once without over loading.
Someone would have to make a new version allowing for the new higher charge voltage but I don't see why you couldn't, but you would still need the OEM charger for charging the controller once in awhile.

All that allows is to charge more. Doesnt charge faster. It charges slower. Your power supply only puts out so much and now your splitting it to multiple batteries. Just buy more OEM chargers. I have 3 for my v2+ with 6 batteries.

I have 5 batteries on order and 2 extra charging cords for my p3

To answer the OP's question: That's not a "charger", it's a parallel board. I have one and it worked great with P2 batteries.

Assuming the P3P power supply works the same way as the P2's, it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 batteries hooked up to it. It just outputs its max voltage, whatever that is, which is higher for P3s than P2s.

Once the batteries reach the maximum voltage, the amp output of the power supply reduces to keep the batteries from overcharging and hold the voltage constant.

The advantage of a parallel board is that when the power supply reaches max voltage and starts ramping down the amps, 2 or more batteries are now effectively charging at maximum rate. The result is that 2 batteries charge in a little more than 1 1/2 times what it takes for 1 battery to charge.

Does anyone have any more recent information about these charging boards? I bought one on Amazon (Amazon.com: Mudder Multi Battery Charging Hub Charger Adapter Board for DJI Phantom 3 with Current Protection: Toys & Games) and it seems to work ok.

I have a P3A so it's the slower charger.

I don't really care to charge 3 batteries at the same time so I'd be find if it just did one battery and then the next one, etc. in serial but it looks like this one charges at the same time. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of waiting for a battery to charge, unplug, plug in a new battery, etc. I usually charge while I'm at work so I get bogged down with meetings sometimes only to find that it's the end of the day and I've only charged 1 battery because I didn't get a chance to swap it out (or just forgot about it).

It seems to work ok but just don't want to do any damage to the charger, batteries, or my workplace (i.e. fire).

It would be nice to find a cheap one that would charge them one at a time in order rather than all together.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31