Parallel Charger Board - P3S

In addition to that, you still need both the standard adapter for mains power and a 12V car adapter if you need to charge in the car.

I have both charging units, I was more concerned about whether or not charging in parallel was a good idea and if these parallel boards are OK to use.

From other descriptions, I was under the impression that these boards charge the batteries sequentially, not simultaneously.

Reactions: artheserenity
I have both charging units, I was more concerned about whether or not charging in parallel was a good idea and if these parallel boards are OK to use.

I have one but only two batteries. I've been charging both packs simultaneously using the P3S charger without any issues other than the charger tends to produce more heat. The only thing I would change is to charge in a well-ventilated, if not airconditioned, environment. Other than that, it works quite well. I think the P3P charger (100W) will be slightly better for this setup... better operational headroom as well as slightly faster charging.

For the 3rd-party car charger that I own, it can't charge more than one battery at a time using the 3-way charging board. I think it doesn't provide enough juice to charge two or more batteries simultaneously. What I did was to purchase a 12V to 220V car inverter and use the DJI charger to charge two batteries simultaneously.

I have one but only two batteries. I've been charging both packs simultaneously using the P3S charger without any issues other than the charger tends to produce more heat. The only thing I would change is to charge in a well-ventilated, if not airconditioned, environment. Other than that, it works quite well. I think the P3P charger (100W) will be slightly better for this setup... better operational headroom as well as slightly faster charging.

For the 3rd-party car charger that I own, it can't charge more than one battery at a time using the 3-way charging board. I think it doesn't provide enough juice to charge two or more batteries simultaneously. What I did was to purchase a 12V to 220V car inverter and use the DJI charger to charge two batteries simultaneously.

Thanks for the feedback,
Does it take longer to charge?

From other descriptions, I was under the impression that these boards charge the batteries sequentially, not simultaneously.
It depends on the state of charge (SoC) of each individual battery. The least-charged battery will be served first. As its SoC approaches that of the 2nd battery, charging will be simultaneous.

For example, if you have two batteries with the following SoC:
Batt1: 30%
Batt2: 70%

If you put them on the charging board, Batt1 will begin charging while Batt2 will be idle (all LEDs off). As Batt1 approaches 70% SoC (+/- 15%), Batt2 will begin charging and both will finish together, give or take a few minutes variance.

Thanks for the feedback,
Does it take longer to charge?
You mean with multiple batteries charging at the same time? Yes.

If you're in a hurry to fly, charge just one battery at a time. If you're not flying anytime soon or just want to charge all your batteries without you having to constantly check to see if the 1st battery is already full and replace it with the next battery, the 3-way charging board helps a lot. Plug everything in and you wouldn't have to touch them until all batteries are charged.

You mean with multiple batteries charging at the same time? Yes.

If you're in a hurry to fly, charge just one battery at a time. If you're not flying anytime soon or just want to charge all your batteries without you having to constantly check to see if the 1st battery is already full and replace it with the next battery, the 3-way charging board helps a lot. Plug everything in and you wouldn't have to touch them until all batteries are charged.

Exactly, thanks for your help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj