P3 Advanced Transmitter Connection problems

Reaction score
Did a firmware update on the phantom 3 advanced and an IOS update on my IPhone 6s and Ipad Air 2 around 4 months ago immediately I was unable to connect to the aircraft.

When I power up the controller and connected to my IPad or IPhone the display comes up as " how to connect" with the craft powered up there is still no change, the light on the controller remains green.
The rear LEDS on the quad are flashing yellow and the front are solid RED, I have contacted DJI and they are absolutely useless and cannot help the only solution they claim is to send the kit back to them for them to take 6 weeks to repair and charge me the earth.

Nothing has happened to the quad or the transmitter, always been meticulously cared for and never crashed, I cant seem to understand how a firmware issue can cause all these problems.

I have even tried to restore my Ipad and re install the DJI GO app and still nothing, I have tried connecting with three ipads which are on varying IOS revisions and still nothing.

Currently I have the below Firmware / IOS

IOS 9.3.2
App V 3.1.1
Quad Firmware P3S_FW_V01.10.0090

I have no idea what the firmware on the transmitter is as it does not want to display on the DJI app since it will not connect.

This problem seems to be all over the web and there are hundreds of people experiencing the same issue, however no one seems to be able to find a fix.

Please please if anyone has a fix for this I would really appreciate it as I am now beyond frustrated with this quad and am about to through it on the garbage heap....

Update the controller through dji go. Reboot all.

The Nether world

Also might need to uninstall reinstall app. Reboot.

The Nether world

Like the other have said - unplug, replug, reboot, turn off/on, uninstall-intall.....

I have been flying since Christmas and yesterday also did not want to connect, so I did the whole thing, finally connected.....

With the IOS version I sometimes find that if the controller is on without being connected to an app then i have to switch everything off then on again to get it to connect, also sometimes happens if i switch between apps.

Guys thanks all for the advice, however I have tried all the suggestions and even now tried an Android device, still no luck!!! I am honestly beyond frustrated, pissed off with this whole situation....DJI really needs to come up with a solution and quickly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I fixed this myself after going through all the steps everyone recommends, but wastes your time. It does involve buying/installing the Hdmi module upgrade (about $100, easy install). What has happened is the USB connector on the back of your remote has gone bad/burned out. New USB hub and a hdmi output for a bonus and you are back flying. happy new year!

Last edited:
All just to update and serious thanks to JoeJack, received my HDMI module this morning, installed and problem is no longer.... Is this issue a known defect with the standard USB? I hunted around all over the web and discussions with DJI and could not find any links to this issue and even DJI did not advise or suspect. Many thanks to JoeJack for the advice and help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31