P3 Advanced - Out of Storage

Reaction score
Really just looking for some assurance :)

Just got my P3 Adv out of long term storage (3years+). So, I thought that I'd best check everything was up to date! Lights come on, controller was flat but seems to have risen from the dead. Hmm..! things seem to have changed on the firmware side. DJI's help for P3's sends you to a YouTube video that is years out of date.

I can't find what should be the latest versions. The App is telling me:

App - 3.1.72
Ver - 1.11.20
Remote - 1.9.2

Are these good versions and how do you update the firmware if you need to? Last time I did this it was a case of loading a .bin file but I can't find them anywhere on the DJI site or am I just being a bit dim?

:)

Welcome to the forum.

Before introducing variables with a FW change, have you confirmed that everything is working well as is? So many threads have started with, "It was working perfectly, then I changed [ FW, App, Settings, etc ] and now it doesn't work." At least be sure to write down which FW versions you have on your AC and your RC before changing anything.

The P3A download page is here.
Note: If you see the "For Your Attention" pop up from DJI telling you that the P3P or P3A is no longer in production, just close the pop up.

Important note: Make sure you understand the changes related to AC FW 1.11.20. It was released in July 2017 and introduced forced flight restrictions similar to beginner mode if you haven't "registered" your app with DJI. Click here for more info.

If you've already done your research, already written down your current FW versions, already read the release notes and you've made an informed choice to update your FW, click here and follow those steps closely. [Release notes are here: P3P release notes and P3A release notes].

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Well... this is not as much fun as I remember. I have the feeling I had on my one dip into the 'Apple World'... as soon as there is a new model or two out, you get dropped :(

Updated the DJI Go App (I have checked that it is the 'before P4' version) now it will not run on the Samsung Tab 4 7" that I use...
Found and d/l the APK directly, installed, agreed all the permissions... same result.

Why do I get the feeling that I'm going to be asking what Tablet I will need to get, to get back in comms with the P3 bird :|

Thought about retiring the P3 but nearly had a coronary when I looked at the new prices!

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a P3Adv too and use a iPad 5th generation with cellular. Dropped the cellular portion of my service, the hotspot on the phone does the trick for internet connectivity in the field. I prefer the iPad because I use the DJI GS PRO app exclusively for mapped runs at several construction sites at a time.

But firstly check it out if your drone fly. If that is ok, then you go to tab device if there is an issue. You can fly without the mobile device. If that is OK, then I would think twice if it is really necessary to update the firmware.

Samsung TAB 4... relegated to 'coffee mat' status. Found an old Nvidia K1... DJI Go App runs! Waiting for a gap in the rain showers... test hop. If all's well, no plans to break what works :)

Also loaded the APK on my S21... works on that as well 👍 Still puzzled that the Play Store package does not run.

Thanks all for the help! :)

A successful test flight.

Sorted the 30M/50M restriction (Re-linking, seemed to resolve that?). I have the DJI Go App working on the Nvidia K1. Can't see any immediate need to change (firmware) anything. Disabled Auto Update on the Play Store (in case DJI try to update what works).

Reactions: Oso
Really just looking for some assurance :)

Just got my P3 Adv out of long term storage (3years+). So, I thought that I'd best check everything was up to date! Lights come on, controller was flat but seems to have risen from the dead. Hmm..! things seem to have changed on the firmware side. DJI's help for P3's sends you to a YouTube video that is years out of date.

I can't find what should be the latest versions. The App is telling me:

App - 3.1.72
Ver - 1.11.20
Remote - 1.9.2

Are these good versions and how do you update the firmware if you need to? Last time I did this it was a case of loading a .bin file but I can't find them anywhere on the DJI site or am I just being a bit dim?

:)
From working on my Phantom 3pro i've noticed that if you open it up and look under the motherboard. Right in the very center you'll find a microSD built in to the mother board. I bet you could just pop that and copy the contents onto a larger microSD and plug it in.

the stock one i found was a 4gb so maybe replace with a 8gb? I wouldnt make it too big thats for sure.

And by the way. If you dont know how to work on it Dont try untill you've watched a bunch of repair videos and learn your way around. Be sure to have a good set of precision tools. Screwdrivers and Hex bit. Maybe even a solder gun if you really mean business.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31