P3 advanced or wait for a p4?

If I order from dji, am I guaranteed the newest? And what is the normal wait time and shipping cost ordering direct? The local dealer is oos
I just email DJI about buying direct. This is the reply.

Thank you for contacting DJI online store .
Yes , if you purchase from online store , we will ship out it from China ,
Normally orders are shipped out 2-3 working days after payment is confirmed, and should arrive at your shipping address 3-5 working days after being shipped.
Thank you. please kindly let me know if you have any other question.

I did not ask about firmware or motors. I assume they will ship the latest of what they have.

Here is my prediction: An ACTUAL Phantom 4. It will look amazing. But, by that time, the entire planet will be a red zone. So, unfortunately, you can't power it on. And you will have to request specific authorization from Brendan Schulman himself to take it out of the box each time you want to look at it. But on the plus side - there will be no more flyaways or crashes!
Excellent battery life as well. Limited to a giant selfie stick (after permission obtained).....

yhanks
I just email DJI about buying direct. This is the reply.

Thank you for contacting DJI online store .
Yes , if you purchase from online store , we will ship out it from China ,
Normally orders are shipped out 2-3 working days after payment is confirmed, and should arrive at your shipping address 3-5 working days after being shipped.
Thank you. please kindly let me know if you have any other question.

I did not ask about firmware or motors. I assume they will ship the latest of what they have.
thanks dude! I emailed them and they answered my question with a question haha

Well, that's about a thousand dollars of "trust" you have in a company that hasn't provided any evidence to trust them. I would have waited until this debacle is over. People are canceling orders and selling their quads right now, so it doesn't seem like DJI is really actively "fixing" this. I'd write Brendan while you are waiting for a drone that you may not be able to fly
I'm pretty active in the vape scene. there are some striking similarities between the two hobbies- in a sense that both are young, evolving technologies and are a mixed bag of emotions in the eyes of the general public and governments.
Both mixed views are a result of both; ignorance and misuse by less than amiable users. In addition both have market leaders trying to set a tone to stave off the perception of regulatory agencies. Bottom line for either is, if non users and government bodies are inclined to do so, they can easily make it as difficult as they want for us to stop.
In my experience when someone or some entity is working against you, they won't engage in a two way conversation. the fact that when I did express my concerns with a few individuals at dji, and they actually did converse with me, tells me that; assuming people are adults and politely do the same, enough changes will be made to the current system that my needs will be met.
I know I'm new ln the forum and in this community; so, I may be stepping out of place here. If I am I apologize, but, I will anyway.
It appears as though there is some misplaced emotion here. If dji angers all of there client base, they cease to exist, so they have no motive to do so. But, the feds ln the other hand do. I think maybe being logical with dji and cranky pants with the feds, may be a more productive expenditure of energy.
Oh and thank you for making me feel welcome and trying to burst my bubble 5 minutes after I dropped almost a grand ln a new toy. -that was special.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "vape" scene?
really? Totally missed the point of all of that.
Vape scene-ecigs-smoke cessation aids
according to the media, its the devil. I've been involved with that for over two years and doing my part to fight the stupids there.

Sorry - just don't see a parallel between flying a remote control aircraft and inhaling an addictive drug.

Sorry - just don't see a parallel between flying a remote control aircraft and inhaling an addictive drug.
because you missed the entire point. Maybe try reading past the first sentence . I can see why you've had some miscommunications with people. none of this will end well if we are all blinded by hate from working together and won't learn from other industries in similar positions. Being that emotional is unhealthy anyway.
Cheers and have a pleasant day

Last edited:
Cheers to you as well. I see no "striking" similarities between inhaling an addictive drug often marketed to children and flying a drone.

Cheers to you as well. I see no "striking" similarities between inhaling an addictive drug often marketed to children and flying a drone.
Dude, I'm not going to engage into a troll discussion.
If you would read what was written it wasn't a reference to either activity more a reference to the inaction of regulatory bodies on the action and how the participants behave when negotiating or fighting for their right to participate in the activity.
But you are to blinded by hate and animosity to see that. Or; perhaps, you have some other agenda fanning flames?

Dirty Bird, I'm using the 2.4.3 on android. How did you disable auto updates?

To the OP - before it all goes off topic completely :p - with each iteration of the phantom range, a significant improvement over the previous model has been shown by DJI (like them or hate them, as many do).

Remembering back to the early days.

The P1 - flight time 10-12 minutes if you were lucky and had a light one (you had to time your flights yourself and know when to get back safely); no camera - you had to use your own GoPro or similar; no provision for ANY sort of FPV device - you had to add your own and this added both cost and weight. No gimbal, lots of jello etc. The only way to understand what the phantom was doing was via a series of flashing lights that were harder to learn than morse code. Flyaways. Lots of flyaways. Oh yes.

The P2V came out with a HUGE advance - an included camera, an app and long flight times. The ability to see where the home point was. Now with the app you'd know how long you were in the air, you could control the camera from the app, start / stop recording from the ground - see what you were filming / photographing, HUGE improvement over the P1, BUT - they fell out of the sky like no tomorrow until the firmware was upgraded. Waypoints.

The V+ came with all of the above, but with the advantage of a gimbal - now buttery smooth video was possible and the P2V looked like a wobbly brick by comparison. But again, problems with wifi units overheating, poor GPS shielding, FPV signals dropping, replacement motors not matching ESCs - lots of issues.

The P3 range - wow! Lightbridge made long range flying standard with no FPV drop - the app, well it's simply unbelievable, if complicated. Again, firmware issues with phantoms falling, shells cracking etc - nothing is perfect. POI, follow me - all lovely stuff.

So what possible improvements can come with the P4? Well, I thought the V+ couldn't be improved on - really. But the P3 with lightbridge is simply superb. I'm looking forward to seeing the P4 range - but it WILL come with its own set of teething problems, but they'll get ironed out eventually. One thing is for sure, it will have geo fencing included. I'm lucky - none around my area.

Every time I hear anyone on forums such as these spitting feathers about how dreadful it is that DJI dare to bring out an aircraft that is TOTALLY flawless, well I remember my old P1, how it flew away because I didn't understand the light sequence and the need to establish a home point, was found in a pile of horse manure by a local farmer, patched up and sent up in the air again. How it eventually ended up in a watery grave, ah happy days (well, they are now - at the time I was gutted and wanted to blame everybody except the real guilty party - me)!

The thing is, these are really, really complicated things, they'll never, ever be totally perfect and they really are evolving at a hugely rapid rate of knots. All we as pilots need to remember is where we are on the journey - some jump off on their first encounter with a minor irritant, some stay the distance and enjoy the flying despite the knowledge that some day, with absolute certainty, the phantom will crash. To last the journey will cost. But the rewards are so much more than the cash invested.

Nope. Not hateful - just hate drugs marketed to children.
Back to topic:
I think DJI should, after 10 years in the industry, have learned to communicate better with its customers.

Dude, I'm not going to engage into a troll discussion.
If you would read what was written it wasn't a reference to either activity more a reference to the inaction of regulatory bodies on the action and how the participants behave when negotiating or fighting for their right to participate in the activity.
But you are to blinded by hate and animosity to see that. Or; perhaps, you have some other agenda fanning flames?

Nope. Not hateful - just hate drugs marketed to children.
Back to topic:
I think DJI should, after 10 years in the industry, have learned to communicate better with its customers.

Yeah, your right the extensive conversation I had yesterday with two members of their staff was terrible.
-- why focus on a chemical compound found in eggplants rather than the point of what was stated?
-- additionally, we as manufactures chose to change labels and use childproof caps on our own and obviscate those that did not.
--similar to the industry policing itself as per the point of that entire statement.
You keep calling it a drug and try to isolate me because I used a legal substance to quit a 15 year 2 pack a day habit and no longer smoke nor vape?
--back to topic??? Please view my OP
--oh yeah and bash me for buying another drone from dji. That was really nice :)

Last edited:
Well the p3A shipped! I should be happy; but, thanks to some angry troll I feel like kicking the dog for eating my money.

Such a nice friendly community.

I'm not angry - see? :) If you are angry about DJI selling you a non-flyable drone (which you can check in the GEO Maps on their website) - you should return it for a full refund until they sort this mess out.

Well the p3A shipped! I should be happy; but, thanks to some angry troll I feel like kicking the dog for eating my money.

Such a nice friendly community.

I'm not angry - see? :) If you are angry about DJI selling you a non-flyable drone (which you can check in the GEO Maps on their website) - you should return it for a full refund until they sort this mess out.
are you a professional troll, or a volunteer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20