P3 advanced or wait for a p4?

i'm guessing the next thing DJI is gonna release is probably P3+ just like how got P2 got P2V+.

i won't see P4 coming till maybe next year or the year after

I thought the GoPro drone was GoPro's response to DJI's Phantom 3 after DJI and GoPro went their separate ways. I know they were going to make a drone together but GoPro was greedy and wanted 2/3rds of the profit for themselves and DJI thought they deserved the 2/3rds profit since it was their tech that was helping to boost the sales of the stagnated GoPro products. DJI has proven that they can do it without GoPro, GoPro has yet to prove they can do it without DJI.

And one last and final question-I promise
I don't use apple or android, I'm a windows network guy
I had to get an android tablet for my p3s. will the same app work for this one?

Sorry for being difficult

Thank you all for your help!!! Looks like I just have to wait for delivery now :)
tumblr_n94zwuBSZA1ridpvyo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Oh - I wouldn't be so happy now. You're probably in a no fly zone as determined by the new DJI system and won't be able to take off.

Thank you all for your help!!! Looks like I just have to wait for delivery now :)
tumblr_n94zwuBSZA1ridpvyo1_400.gif

awesome so should have it next week!!!

I am in a no fly zone, but gonna have to trust that they want to keep selling drones and won't totally screw themselves by screwing us. -plus I would hate to have to totally switch platforms

Well, that's about a thousand dollars of "trust" you have in a company that hasn't provided any evidence to trust them. I would have waited until this debacle is over. People are canceling orders and selling their quads right now, so it doesn't seem like DJI is really actively "fixing" this. I'd write Brendan while you are waiting for a drone that you may not be able to fly: [email protected]

I don't think they will be adding more range, if anything it will be better batteries and some other upgrades but I highly doubt with all the negative attention "Drones" are getting that DJI would fuel the fire with more range. Battery upgrades would make sense as well so that they could sell more batteries since the P3 batteries would not be compatible. This is my Phantom 4 upgrades features prediction list:

Upgraded batteries
Camera compatibility with Osmo (like the Inspire)
1080p Video Downlink Resolution
Faster Max Bitrate of Video Storage
Better Camera Sensor with more megapixels for photos
Maybe, just maybe an onboard parachute or at least options for adding one like dedicated buttons and a spot for mounting on the Phantom.
Greater GPS accuracy

With all the kinks DJI has had to iron out of the Phantom 3 design I don't think there will be major changes to the mechanical or electronic aspect of the quadcopter. I don't think they would mess with the mainboard or motors.

Here is my prediction for the 4 - not until next year. DJI is having serious problems keeping 3's up. It is filtering out to the non UAS community - I don't know how many people have come to me saying they didn't buy a Phantom this Christmas because of 'all the crashes'. Whether or not it is even a signficant fraction of the extant Phantoms out there, word has got out that DJI stuff isn't stable. Nobody wants to trash a $1200 toy. Second, there are too many unknowns about where the hobby is going and how to beat some sense into the FAA. The Geofencing is a nice try - IF they can roll it out so it doesn't screw a lot of people over. It is a much more complex system that even the drone - RC setup and I have little faith that DJI can actually manage a problem free rollout.

Putting up a new Rev 1 bird just doesn't seem like good timing. Maybe a Phantom 3.5.

Here is my prediction: An ACTUAL Phantom 4. It will look amazing. But, by that time, the entire planet will be a red zone. So, unfortunately, you can't power it on. And you will have to request specific authorization from Brendan Schulman himself to take it out of the box each time you want to look at it. But on the plus side - there will be no more flyaways or crashes!

Reactions: Dirty Bird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers