P3 advanced help

Reaction score
Hi all,, u have prob had this kind of rank about 20 times already but as I'm new ,,here I go.......first of all I'm a dinosaur when it comes to technical stuff....... Bought a P3 advanced and it's driving me nuts....when everything is switched on the app is stuck on the ,,, .How to connect,,,,page......the aircraft front lights are solid red and the back ones are flashing green or sometimes yellow and bleeping.....the rc has a green light and it's flashing .....I have tried using a iPhone 7,,,,,,galaxy note 3,,,,,iPad,,,,,,Nexus 7,,,,,,,all of these and I still have the same prob.....I have uninstalled and reinstalled the dji app loads of times...changed cables....tried the link button.....help

Hi all,, u have prob had this kind of rank about 20 times already but as I'm new ,,here I go.......first of all I'm a dinosaur when it comes to technical stuff....... Bought a P3 advanced and it's driving me nuts....when everything is switched on the app is stuck on the ,,, .How to connect,,,,page......the aircraft front lights are solid red and the back ones are flashing green or sometimes yellow and bleeping.....the rc has a green light and it's flashing .....I have tried using a iPhone 7,,,,,,galaxy note 3,,,,,iPad,,,,,,Nexus 7,,,,,,,all of these and I still have the same prob.....I have uninstalled and reinstalled the dji app loads of times...changed cables....tried the link button.....help
I... have... no... idea.... what you.........are talking about.
Have you actually read the manual and how to link the P3 to your device?
Please try to tell us succinctly what you have tried.

Check this tutorial:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check this tutorial:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Oh dear... This forum is like every other forum , patronising no helpers. I have watched all the tutorials and read the manual 10 times or more. I turn on my rc then turn on my ac then open the app and its says..... How to connect.. It doesn't show camera or anything else. I have reinstalled app numerous times but still showing... How to connect. How hard is that to understand

Did you buy a brand new Phantom 3 Advanced (in a sealed box)? Did it ever successfully connect?

Oh dear... This forum is like every other forum , patronising no helpers. I have watched all the tutorials and read the manual 10 times or more. I turn on my rc then turn on my ac then open the app and its says..... How to connect.. It doesn't show camera or anything else. I have reinstalled app numerous times but still showing... How to connect. How hard is that to understand
Way to go about making friends here.

Is the connection from your device to the outside world active?

Green light on remote - aircraft is linked to controller.

Push both sticks down and together (left stick down and right and right stick down and left at same time) - engines will start (try it without propellers).

"how to connect" page = no connection between controller and mobile device

Yes it's a brand new p3 advanced . Its not connecting to anything. No camera movement or anything. I have contacted the company I purchased it from and awaiting a response but thought I would try anything (like here) and see if I was doing something wrong

The tricky part to understand, for a beginner in Phantom3 is that the remote is a wireless network without internet access when you turn it on. You have to get your head around the fact that, in order to talk to the internet, you have to connect through the phone’s data, or switch back and forth to your home wireless account, when needed.
If you want to connect the device, (I use iPhone 7 or iPad mini 2) you have to log on to the controller network. If you look in your iPhone’s settings under WiFi, you will see the phantom’s network. Log in using 12341234 as your password.
I’ll stop here for now. You may be able to get further along now. The “How to connect screen won’t go away until you connect to the controller’s network and connect to the phantom.

its a phantom 3 advanced it doesn't work through wifi, its connected through usb to the remote controller

Which version of DJI GO are you using?

I should have said I'm a newbie to this site but not to drones or quads.. I've been flying other drones for years but this one has got me stuck

Got it. I was just trying to cover all of the bases :)

What happens if you try to reset the remote controller as described in this thread?

I just think the OP has failed to link the RC to the AC. I've never seen a "How to Link" message on GO - has anyone else?

Danny, I've had my P3A 3 weeks now, this is how mine works.
Start the GO app; it will go to the Inspire drone screen. Scroll to the right and you'll get the Phantom screen, choose P3A on the drop down menu then tap on 'Camera'. Switch on your controller and the quad, then connect the controller to your display device with the USB cable. The display should then go live with the quad's camera view.
This works for me.

Danny, I've had my P3A 3 weeks now, this is how mine works.
Start the GO app; it will go to the Inspire drone screen. Scroll to the right and you'll get the Phantom screen, choose P3A on the drop down menu then tap on 'Camera'. Switch on your controller and the quad, then connect the controller to your display device with the USB cable. The display should then go live with the quad's camera view.
This works for me.
Thanks for your helpful reply.. Unfortunately I've done that on numerous occasions but still no joy, still gives me the,, how to connect,, screen and not the camera screen

The front indicator lights should be a solid red and if you are getting a fast yellow flashing on the rear lights it means the remote control signal is lost. If you have tried to relink and failed check if the remote control firmware needs updating.

The front indicator lights should be a solid red and if you are getting a fast yellow flashing on the rear lights it means the remote control signal is lost. If you have tried to relink and failed check if the remote control firmware needs updating.
I have solid red lights at front and green lights flashing at the back. I did a firmware update on the ac and rc. The ac showed up as successful and the rc said the firmware was aborted because it had the most updated version.. My problem now is that my rc is flashing red/green really flickering fast

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic