P3 advanced gimbal problem

@Fargnoli welcome to the forum and not going to get into your issue.
But am going to ask you when someone try's to help you do not be rude or down the road no one will try and help you .
Now I would do some searching on your problem and see if you see anything on it and do please read these
Community Rules
I hate to see new members get started on the wrong foot .And yes I did delete your last post.
Good luck and fly safe.
dc

You must know something that i dont know .
How can you update the phantom 3 advanced firmware through the app ?? Without the need of an sd card ?? Think yiu are confusing yourself with p4 and above on the dji go 4 app . The p3 advanced still uses dji go only and tge only think you can upgrade is the controller the firmware for the aircraft must be done through the gimbal sd card .
Also i know you can format the sd card on a pc but if tge gimbal board does not recognised it what use is that ??
I know is the gimbal board Ambarella chip that is not getting power or something hence why the led status is not on , just want to know if anyone had any joy repairing this side of the board .
Tganks
Welcome to the forum.

I can confirm what you already know to be true. P3A / P3P AC firmware is updated via SD card and not through the app.

As for your issue, sorry I dont have any solid answer. If it were mine, I’d first check the cables above the gimbal top (main) board but I’m sure you’ve already done that.

For more technical information, try this site and/or reading through this thread and following the links in posts from quaddamage.

Sadly, it may turn out that you need a replacement gimbal top (main) board. If so, keep in mind that you can use one for a P3P as well.

Good luck!

Reactions: Fargnoli
Thankyou oso exactly what i though just needed confirmation . Good to see there are people here that have knowledge . I have already tried a new board and all is good but i still want to find out how to fix the old to hopefully help others too.
Thanks again i ll be looking to follow the board schematic and see wich component is failing .
Thanks
Daniel

Reactions: Oso
Like I said, I was talking to DJI and they said it can be done either with an SD card or via the app. Yes, for P3's with the GO app, not just the GO 4 app. Like I said, I owned a P3 before my P4 and I used the app to update. I tried to help, but you won't take it. You asked for help, and you won't accept it. I'm out. Any others who feel like helping for no reason can, not trying to be rude, just being honest.
I believe @Fargnoli is correct. The app update is only for the P3S. You must use an SD card for the update. Here is a question from the FAQ page on DJI's website. to confirm...

Q: Can I use the DJI GO app to update the aircraft and Intelligent Flight Battery firmware for my Phantom 3 Professional or Advanced?
A: No, this feature is not supported yet.

SOURCE: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4.pdf

I suggest contacting @Thunderdrones

Hi can anyone help after a firmware upgrade the p3 advanced gimbal board status led is off no green or red lights anymore and the sd card is not even recognised

I know is the gimbal board Ambarella chip that is not getting power or something hence why the led status is not on , just want to know if anyone had any joy repairing this side of the board .

Yes, if LED is off and gimbal is stabilizing, then Ambarella must be dead.

no telemetry or video feed from camera

Well, that doesn't match Ambarella issue. Are you sure you don't have telemetry? That would be a separate issue.

We have no clear steps to fix Ambarella. If you have FTDI and soldering station, you can try connecting to various serial interfaces on the board and checking if they spit out anything during boot.

You can update your P3A using a micro USB cable. Save and extract the firmware update on your PC, plug in the USB to the aircraft, you can manually move it to the SD card. Make sure you are installing the firmware for the P3 Advanced. If the firmware was installed incorrectly or interrupted during the process it can cause issues with the gimbal.

To reset/restart, with the P3A turned off, press and hold in the RC linking button. While keeping the button pressed in, power on the P3A hold it in until the aircraft starts the familiar updating beeping sound. Once you here the first " beep " let go of the linking button. This will take about as long as it does to install the firmware, do not power off. It should take about 10 minutes but could take up to 30 minutes. This should reset the aircraft.

This is a fix for restarting the firmware, your only major issue will be is if you installed the wrong firmware for your aircraft, such as the Standard or Pro. If you installed the wrong firmware and your gimbal is completely dead, you may have to send it into DJI for repairs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak