P3 Advanced . . . Firmware update

Reaction score
Good evening , please if someone could assist me , I have a phantom 3 advance and connecting to an iPhone 6 ,downloaded the DJI go app but I am not getting the camera mode , I have changed cables and deleted app re installed but still nothing any help please

For those of you having a hard time updating the firmware. This is how I fixed my Phantom 3 pro. What you need to do is update to the Next bin file from the current bin file on the drone (and remote). You Can't go straight from an older bin to the newest bin. It won't work!. You have first update to the next bin file (of the current one in the drone) in the order. Finish that update. THEN you can update to the latest bin file.
This is also for the remote too! Same thing. You can't update straight to the latest bin without first update the next bin file from the current one. Finish that update. Then you can update to that latest bin file.

Also, check if the camera and memory card slots and connection are good too!

I got this from my experience of problems updating my Phantom 3 pro. And spending hours upon hours trying to figure out why my P3P would Not update and would not get out of the alarm clock beeps!

CHECK OUT MY POSTS for more info about this!

Reactions: Joker2415
@Life1980s,

I thank you for your thoughts, the P3S is very different from the P3A and P3P. ;)

"CHECK OUT MY POSTS for more info about this!"
Please post links to these post, because most frustrated are going to be new to this forum and haven't got the hang of search by keywords and members.. :)

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Thanks and yes I do hart he correct DJI APP but still nothing
There are 2 different apps. I've made that mistake before. The before P4 and the after. But like you said you've checked and are sure you have the right app...hmmm
Just out of curiosity....Is this a new or used drone? have you had it and used it on a different device and now your just changing to the Iphone 6? I'm no expert on this....I was just wondering if maybe it's in the camera/gimbal and not the app? It was just a thought.

Another thing that has happened to me....The drone connected and it looked like the camera wasn't working, I had to turn the dial on the right side of the control. The camera was just really dark.

You may know all of that stuff....Those are the only things I know to try and that I've run into and thought I'd mention them.

Reactions: Neon Euc
There are 2 different apps. I've made that mistake before. The before P4 and the after. But like you said you've checked and are sure you have the right app...hmmm
Just out of curiosity....Is this a new or used drone? have you had it and used it on a different device and now your just changing to the Iphone 6? I'm no expert on this....I was just wondering if maybe it's in the camera/gimbal and not the app? It was just a thought.

Another thing that has happened to me....The drone connected and it looked like the camera wasn't working, I had to turn the dial on the right side of the control. The camera was just really dark.

You may know all of that stuff....Those are the only things I know to try and that I've run into and thought I'd mention them.

Evening ,I do have the before DJI APP , the drone is refurbished purchased from drone world , used once and it worked ,attached bait releaser and now cannot get app in the phone , the remote seems to be connected to the air craft as I can move the camera , on the aircraft when I power it on I get 2 green lights and 2 red lights , not sure why the app is not working though been on the net tried almost everything except up dating the firmware on the air craft and RC .

Wht you think I should do

Thanks for sharing your advise

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening gents , I have a phantom 3 advance , when I power up the RC it indicates a Red light then I power the Aircraft it makes a couple of beeps and the RC light turns green , i can move the camera so I THINK THE RC AND AIRCRAFT IS CONNECTED AM I CORRECT BY SAYING THIS ?

On the air craft I have a solid RED LIGHT and Blinking Green light , is this correct

Only problem is my RC cannot recognize my phone ? Please advise on all points in order for me to sort my problem out .

Thank you

@Deon moonsamy,

"On the air craft I have a solid RED LIGHT and Blinking Green light , is this correct"
#1, Where is the solid Red Light, are they the two under the front props?
#2, Where is the Blinking Green Light, are they they the two under the rear props?
#3, What is the color of the link status light (near the link button). When the remote is ON and then when the Remote is OFF?

Rod

**** New Thread Created****

Here you go :)

@Deon moonsamy,

"On the air craft I have a solid RED LIGHT and Blinking Green light , is this correct"
#1, Where is the solid Red Light, are they the two under the front props?
#2, Where is the Blinking Green Light, are they they the two under the rear props?
#3, What is the color of the link status light (near the link button). When the remote is ON and then when the Remote is OFF?

Rod
Morning , thanks for ur above and much appreciated for advising on how to start a thread .
When aircraft is powered up and RC on the light is Green ,the 2 front props are solid Red and the other 2 green ,

Reactions: RodPad
The front lights will always be Red.

You missed the important question,
"What is the color of the link status light (near the link button). When the remote is ON and then when the Remote is OFF?"

Rod

Hi, when the RC is turned on it’s a solid Green , when I turn the RC off it’s turns RED .
The front lights will always be Red.

You missed the important question,
"What is the color of the link status light (near the link button). When the remote is ON and then when the Remote is OFF?"

Rod
RC

OK, lets start with this, does everything work but the camera.
Your getting telemetry on the app, and you can start the motors?

Have you every seen this Phantom work?

Rod

OK, lets start with this, does everything work but the camera.
Your getting telemetry on the app, and you can start the motors?

Have you every seen this Phantom work?

Rod
Hi , I used this once flew about 15 minutes came back home inserted the bait releaser to the Drone and boom nothing worked after that .
RC is green once AC POWERED , button near the reset button green , tried starting motors nothing , I only can move the gimbal with the silver roller on the left of the RC , the left stick on the RC moves the gimbal left and right . That’s the only thing I can do .

Does the app work at all?

Are your getting telemetry on the app?

Rod

Does the app work at all?

Are your getting telemetry on the app?

Rod
Nope , it just shows how to connect .

Without connecting to the app I tried to start the motors up but nothing , I am currently sitting with it right now .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 247
"Hi , I used this once flew about 15 minutes came back home inserted the bait releaser to the Drone and boom nothing worked after that ."
This should have been in your first post.

"Nope , it just shows how to connect ."
So the app is probably working, if both lights are green, then I say something happen to camera and or the gimbal, your not getting any data back to the remote, from the Phantom.

Rod

"Hi , I used this once flew about 15 minutes came back home inserted the bait releaser to the Drone and boom nothing worked after that ."
This should have been in your first post.

"Nope , it just shows how to connect ."
So the app is probably working, if both lights are green, then I say something happen to camera and or the gimbal, your not getting any data back to the remote, from the Phantom.

Rod
But strange to not work used once never crashed it as well , how can I sort that out

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj