P3 adv IMU Calibration unknown error at 2%

Reaction score
Hey Guys
my phantom 3 advanced has updated firmware. 1.11.20
but it says imu calibration require, whenever i try to calibrate. calibration halts at 2%. with a message unknonw error.
please help. i flew this drone only once. n it was in cupboard for 8 months.
please help.

Hi and welcome.

Can you please post a screenshot of the sensors values when you P3A is sitting on a stable flat place?
That would greatly help to help you.

1530817780763-684911813.jpg

The Z = -1.50 don't sounds good. Should be about -1.00.
I expect you have restarted the P3A several time with same results?

Reactions: Oso
yes. many many times.
but if i move my drone right, left, up an down. this z 1.5 also changes. but stays at 1.5

yes. many many times.
but if i move my drone right, left, up an down. this z 1.5 also changes. but stays at 1.5
Does the other axes X and Y showing +/- 1.0 when you rotate the P3 on the X and Y axes?

In case it got a crash, you can try the method of this guy: Fix for "NO MC DATA- ACCELEROMETER FAILED" if caused by impact., but it looks really strange and not sure if it is a long term solution.
See also Phantom 3 - Accelerometer Failed • 919RALEIGH
But there they got a -16.0 value, not -1.5. -16.0 is probably the full scale of the sensor and that value is if the accelerometer is stuck.
A repair of the IMU seems needed. But you can try to reflash the firmware (downgrade and then upgrade), maybe it reset the calibration factor but I am not sure the calibration can correct a so big difference.

Yes the IMU gets stuck I had this happen to my P3 some time ago. A quick fix is to remove the battery and reinsert with quick sharp force and even hit the battery with the palm of your hand a few times, this should free up IMU. It worked a treat for me!

Does the other axes X and Y showing +/- 1.0 when you rotate the P3 on the X and Y axes?

In case it got a crash, you can try the method of this guy: Fix for "NO MC DATA- ACCELEROMETER FAILED" if caused by impact., but it looks really strange and not sure if it is a long term solution.
See also Phantom 3 - Accelerometer Failed • 919RALEIGH
But there they got a -16.0 value, not -1.5. -16.0 is probably the full scale of the sensor and that value is if the accelerometer is stuck.
A repair of the IMU seems needed. But you can try to reflash the firmware (downgrade and then upgrade), maybe it reset the calibration factor but I am not sure the calibration can correct a so big difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik