P3 ADV. H point low battery

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Ricardo and i´m from Portugal.

Hi bought a P3 advanced and only fly 2 times until this hapens

I´m flighing and went in low battery and after a wile the pop up message apear to home return point after 10s, i canceled and i continous flighing because i read the manuals hand i now after that pois the drone it is in my hands.

The thing that hapens after is the drone pass the H point of the battery, at that point he can´t do the go home option becouse at that point he have no battery to do a go home, after 22s of passing the H point he automaticly strart a go Home.

Have samewone the same problem or can explain me???

Becouse what i read about and see this drones have the same principal like aeroplanes, when pass the point of no return they can´t go back, in this case go home, only auto landing.

Thank you for reading
and sorry my english

Welcome to the forum!
I see both of post, and we will help you out, but yes I can't really get what your asking.
But before you crash, don't let the battery get the low while flying. :eek:

First answer, when the battery gets to critical, it will auto land, you will have no control except to hand catch it.

Thanks for the fast response

The critical has to 15%

I think that when a drone pass the H point it means that have no power to go home right? Mine pass the H point as 17% in 02.57 minutes went to 16% at 03.11 and activate the RTH and crash at 03.19.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the fast response

The critical has to 15%

I think that when a drone pass the H point it means that have no power to go home right? Mine pass the H point as 17% in 02.57 minutes went to 16% at 03.11 and activate the RTH and crash at 03.19.

I don't understand,
"drone pass the H point it means that have no power to go home right?"

Rod

Yes i don't understand to it's very strange what appened with P3 now i'm expecting a responce from the dealer.
But i send an email with everithing and a link with the last minute of the vídeo showing the drone rising and fall after pass the H point

Ouch, you already crashed.

I don't understand what your asking,
"drone pass the H point it means that have no power to go home right?"

Well since you crashed, OMG, I would never try what your were doing with out at least a year of flying. Flying under trees, in gps mode not atti, just that can be scary, because the trees can block the gps, and it will switch to Atti mode.

Anyways upload your flight from your mobile device and copy past the link back here, and lot of stuff will be figured out, the language difference, is very confusing. ;)

Here is couple of flights from a post yesterday.
With a google earth plugin, you can look at your flight in 3D, that is the important part of yours at the moment.
Battery Help !

Rod

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Just another sing my frind have exprerience in drones at least 4 ou 5 years always whith DJIs.
He tells that is something wrong.
I have 16 years of RC practical and this is the first time i have problems with failsafe.

Thanks again Rod

Just another sing my frind have exprerience in drones at least 4 ou 5 years always whith DJIs.
He tells that is something wrong.
I have 16 years of RC practical and this is the first time i have problems with failsafe.

Thanks again Rod

"I have 16 years of RC practical and this is the first time i have problems with failsafe."

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

All right, hard to do back ground checks here.

Yeah, I thought the trees weren't to dense, but I giving you a heads up and case you didn't know.
Trees usually win, they been around a long time, way before Phantoms. :eek:

Rod

Im not dont know the word, im not arming misself because i have experience in RC models im have futabas with fails safe and are 2.4 ghz and i undestand what failsafe does.
But in this case its a little diferent i think!

Reactions: JohnnyB
Im not dont know the word, im not arming misself because i have experience in RC models im have futabas with fails safe and are 2.4 ghz and i undestand what failsafe does.
But in this case its a little diferent i think!

Wow, what a language barrier. I didn't take as any kind or a threat. :)

So, the video you sent me in the PM, and your welcome.
I have watched it at least 5 times. It said low battery going home, that's what it tried to do, rise to your RTH height and head back to the home point. You should have still been able to cancel the RTH. It thought it still had power to make it to the Home Point.
Once it hits critical, it will auto land, you have no control it just start landing at that location.

Post your flight log
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Then we all can see and learn, and share your grief. :rolleyes:

Rod

But i cancel the RTH message with the 10 seconds warning. What i see and learn with dji tutorial is that have two warning first the low bat with the 10 seconds message right?
If i don't cancel the P3 automatic does an RTH

If i cancel i can flight after that

And after the p3 in crittical low battery make autolanding

Right???

But i cancel the RTH message with the 10 seconds warning. What i see and learn with dji tutorial is that have two warning first the low bat with the 10 seconds message right?
If i don't cancel the P3 automatic does an RTH

If i cancel i can flight after that

And after the p3 in crittical low battery make autolanding

Right???

Yes sounds correct, note I don't have an Advanced, but some things I have read, sounded like if press the RTH button twice it actually cancels it. The standard has the warning come up on the App, but I don't trust it, because the app has to send the rth command through the remote, I use the S1 toggle on the remote.

Somebody that understands the RTH and with an advance needs to help us out now.

Here is just one thread, where this stuff came up.
Best Method to RTH?

I'm pretty sure your log will explain a lot.

Rod :)

OK, Hum, Interesting the unit was powered up for 7+ minutes before you started the motors.
So in the log I don't see where you cancelled anything.
Anyways, I guess I'm still lost of what the real question was. Are you thinking that it shouldn't have automatically started RTH before it was at 15%?
At 11m 17% it decided to go home because of low battery. Within 5 secs, the 4th cell of the battery was already going down fast and 3 more secs all cells where low. Yes, a stuck prop would have accelerated this battery draw.
Yes, you could have canceled the RTH, at any time before the critical battery point. and it would have made it with it hitting the tree.

Rereading your posts again, and now looking at the log and going from your first post
"pop up message apear to home return point after 10s, i canceled and i continous flighing" If you pressed cancel on the app, that command must of not made it to the Phantom. I'm afraid to use the app button so I usually use the S1 switch. Of coarse you have an Advanced, so I guess you have the app option and a dedicated button on the remote, which did you use?

So in this log.
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I was at 13 mins 29%, I got a low battery warning. I doesn't show on the log, but it was on the app, pretty sure I hit the button on the App, or told my wife to. I'm thinking it was set at 30%?
Then in the log you can see it started to RTH.
At 16m 40s mine went to critical, at 12% battery I believe it was set a 10%, I suppose it could have been 15%, at that point you can't get control back. So when it ran out of battery it 75' below take off elevation, if the land was level and didn't have a severe drop off, then it might landed without damage. But its location to land when it ran out of battery was 300' below take elevation. So what failed on the fail safe #1 wind, #2 elevation difference. And about 4 pilot errors.

The point of this flight is related to going past the point of no return. I think they calculate distance and battery level and how fast the battery levels have been dropping, so If something starts at 27% and you have a setting at 25%, I would have no concern.

Rod

Thanks again Rod

Yes i canceled the 10 secunds message in the app because im afraid to click in the home butom and p3 make an rth... but neither the message of the 10 seconds appear neither my cancel in the app.

What is strange for me is why it makes a rth low battery when a lot begore i make cancel in the app

And more strange is why he makes an rth low bat after he pass the H point after that point e can't do a go home because he don't have enough bat.

For me its very strange because what i learn in the manual and the dji tutorial after we cancel the 10 seconds message we can continuos flighing until e enter in critical low bat

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl