Help fixing P3 standard

Reaction score
I have had a standard for about 4 years and at first I always had this “strong interference detected”. Then I would lose signal and it would return home after like 1000 ft at most. I then upgraded the antenna with a dbsitelite range extender, I tried again and I still had strong interference detected everywhere I flew the drone. I decided to let it go and put it away for about a year. Now I’m trying to fix it and the controller will charge up fine but the battery dies very quickly. And I still have the “strong interference detected”, can someone help me

Why do you think the strong interference detected is wrong?

Generally, that message is correct, and comes when you are trying to operate in an area where there are lots of competing signals in the 2-5 GHZ range. I have seen this many times, and when I used a WiFi signal detector on my laptop, there were many strong foreign signals around me.

The message is provided so you can avoid flying in areas where your drone may be in danger from external competing signals. It is not a DJI problem.

Sounds like you’ll have to replace the remote battery soon. Or get used to charging it often as it may recover some, but doubtful.

interference is just something you have to deal with with the P3 standard. Moving away from it is the only choice but antennas can improve it. Good luck ?

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I have had a standard for about 4 years and at first I always had this “strong interference detected”. Then I would lose signal and it would return home after like 1000 ft at most. I then upgraded the antenna with a dbsitelite range extender, I tried again and I still had strong interference detected everywhere I flew the drone. I decided to let it go and put it away for about a year. Now I’m trying to fix it and the controller will charge up fine but the battery dies very quickly. And I still have the “strong interference detected”, can someone help me
I think there is something wrong with the antenna because the range extender is supposedly able to go over a mile and mine just loses signal after a very short distance compared to a mile

I think there is something wrong with the antenna because the range extender is supposedly able to go over a mile and mine just loses signal after a very short distance compared to a mile

I too run the Itelite DBS on both my Standards. No issues with range at present, but I am curious what firmware version you are running.?

I made the big mistake of updating firmware to 1.6.08 many years ago, and lost 50% of my range, along with getting that dern DJI Geofencing garbage with that version.

I quickly downgraded back to 1.5.07 and the short range issues, along with GeoFencing went away. Both birds fly great since then. I will NEVER upgrade firmware versions again. Ever.

I can't say for sure that the 1.6.08 version was the culprit on all my negative issues. But I'd bet it had something to do with it.

I too run the Itelite DBS on both my Standards. No issues with range at present, but I am curious what firmware version you are running.?

I made the big mistake of updating firmware to 1.6.08 many years ago, and lost 50% of my range, along with getting that dern DJI Geofencing garbage with that version.

I quickly downgraded back to 1.5.07 and the short range issues, along with GeoFencing went away. Both birds fly great since then. I will NEVER upgrade firmware versions again. Ever.

I can't say for sure that the 1.6.08 version was the culprit on all my negative issues. But I'd bet it had something to do with it.
How do I downgrade the firmware?

I’ll try that and let you know how it goes

Ok. Plus, David is correct in post #2 above. You may have numerous WiFi signals in your area trying to compete with the drones WiFi.

A DBS won't really help in that regard.

If that is true, you may need to relocate your flight area to a less WiFi saturated area. Good luck. [emoji106]

How do I downgrade the firmware?

There are numerous YouTube videos, and posts on the DJI Forum, Phantom Pilots Forum, and on msinger's site 'Phantomhelp.com'

Phantomhelp.com is a wealth of info on anything Phantom. Just be sure to select the correct Phantom section. There are tutorials and a firmware archive there also.

I tried downgrading to firmware 1.5.07 and now my drone is making a loud and constant beeping noise, I tried to reinstall the 1.9.20 on the app, that didn’t work, I took the downloadable 1.9.20 and put that back on the sd card and that didn’t work, and I tried to reinstall the app and that that didn’t work

The drone is still beeping after formatting the sd card and using the firmware zip from the DJI website. I tried to install the 1.9.02 firmware from the app while the drone is beeping, and it says this fully installed restart required, I restart everything and it still beeps, any ideas?

Attachments

• 509698B2-74A3-4AAD-8343-5146A4B96E17.png
    509698B2-74A3-4AAD-8343-5146A4B96E17.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 110

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic