P3 4k Video Quality

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently purchased a used P3 4K and am pleased with how it flies but the video quality is terrible in my opinion. I have tried recording in 4k and 2k at 25fps but is just blurry and out of focus compared to my Gopro 4 black. I have tried the GO app and also Litchi with the same results and the video is downloaded from the SD card.

I was wondering if any one had some suggestions or is this the quality to be expected? I went with the 4k because I was used to the gopro quality but must admit I am very disappointed so far with the quality.

Last edited:
Hi, That was my fear but was hoping there could be some other explanation as I am new to it. I have checked the settings and it is set to 4k 25fps. Surely in 4k you should be able to make a face out from that distance!

It was bought used so will probably be out of warranty so I hope there is a solution.

have you cleaned the lens good I've never tried, but it appears on the P34K that the front lens can screw off try removing it clean the camera lens inside then both sides of the outer lens

Reactions: Newbieguy
I have since tried unscrewing the lens and cleaning it and have even bought some nd filters to try and it is still poor quality. Is there anything else to try as it really looks out of focus to me? Any way to adjust the focus?

It sounds to me that the lens has possibly come out of alignment I haven't taken these cameras apart to look at the lens structure, but if its still blurry after a good cleaning then this is the only other answer I can give you. I uses lens systems in laser builds and I've seen some that just wouldn't focus the dot no matter what I did. its also possible that the lens could have a poor grind, but that's something that would have slipped through QC where they are ground. My thought is that these cameras use a multi lens system having one lens off even by a human hair would give focus at one point only or if bad enough not at all.

Was there not a YouTube video on adjusting something in the camera that addressed this ?
I haven't seen any as far as focus is concerned. I wouldn't think you'd be able to get to the lens system without a major ordeal . if they are like the little CCD cams it may possible have a screw in lens that could be a problem if its loose as it would definitely loose focus till it was screwed back to the location it was factory set at

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20