P3 4K not getting much love. :(

Reaction score
Been wondering why the P3 4K don't get much love. Everyone is all about the P4 or the P3 Adv/Pro... the 4K is an excellent bird. Films just like the pro. It might not have lightbridge, but is it really that much of a jump?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Goldsaum82
DJI stopped selling the P34K a while ago. That must say something about its popularity.

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
I bought a P3 4K about 2 months ago. It works great and I think it's a good intermediate level drone out of the DJI line up with respect to price, safety features, and camera quality.

I just created a thread on this last week. I own the P3 4K, as well as the P3 Advanced. Without a doubt, I love my P3 4K just as much as my P3 Advanced. People say the P3 4K is basically a P3 Standard with a 4K camera. This couldn't be further from the truth. With the P3 4K, you get VPS, a better transmitter, a better camera, and slightly better range (I've easily hit 1400m w/ a bone stock transmitter). I only paid $599 for mine back in July. In my opinion, it's the most underrated P3 in the lineup. Yes, Lightbridge is far superior to Wifi (I'm blown away by the range I get on my P3A). However, many people only fly LOS, therefore not requiring the range that Lightbridge offers. I'm a bit surprised that it was discontinued. Hopefully there are people out there getting them for a great price while they're still around.

I just created a thread on this last week. I own the P3 4K, as well as the P3 Advanced. Without a doubt, I love my P3 4K just as much as my P3 Advanced. People say the P3 4K is basically a P3 Standard with a 4K camera. This couldn't be further from the truth. With the P3 4K, you get VPS, a better transmitter, a better camera, and slightly better range (I've easily hit 1400m w/ a bone stock transmitter). I only paid $599 for mine back in July. In my opinion, it's the most underrated P3 in the lineup. Yes, Lightbridge is far superior to Wifi (I'm blown away by the range I get on my P3A). However, many people only fly LOS, therefore not requiring the range that Lightbridge offers. I'm a bit surprised that it was discontinued. Hopefully there are people out there getting them for a great price while they're still around.

I purchased mine around the same time. Got it for that same price. I couldn't agree more with everything you have said.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I bought my P3 4K about 2 months ago as well. Under the right conditions I get a range of up to 1400m which I think is pretty acceptable. Video quality is great but video stream is pretty unreliable. If I'm flying only 4-500m its pretty good. I use windsurfer if I fly farther and have had video at 1400m but at that distance I usually use Litchi and waypoints.. So far the bird has always come home.
So the 3 4k has been discontinued?? That sucks. No wonder the f/w cannot be updated from 1.05.0040 I was hoping to try the latest for the the P3S
Any suggestions about better range extender??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72