P3 4k gimbal mount plate broke

Reaction score
I crashed my Phantom 3 4k on my 2nd flight, after buying it used 3 days ago. Gimbal is dangling because the 'X' shaped mount plate broke & both cables came off. I plugged the cables back. The seller gave extra plastic bumpers, but I can't find a mounting plate for sale online for 4k model. I find it for 3 STD, Prof & Adv, but not for 4k. Appreciate if anyone can confirm whether I can use Prof/Adv OR STD... looks like the plate is different between Prof/Adv & STD. Any thoughts?

Of the available plates I also see carbon fibre after market plates from China for both Prof/Adv & STD P3s... has anyone used these & found them to be better crash resistant?

I crashed my Phantom 3 4k on my 2nd flight, after buying it used 3 days ago. Gimbal is dangling because the 'X' shaped mount plate broke & both cables came off. I plugged the cables back. The seller gave extra plastic bumpers, but I can't find a mounting plate for sale online for 4k model. I find it for 3 STD, Prof & Adv, but not for 4k. Appreciate if anyone can confirm whether I can use Prof/Adv OR STD... looks like the plate is different between Prof/Adv & STD. Any thoughts?

Of the available plates I also see carbon fibre after market plates from China for both Prof/Adv & STD P3s... has anyone used these & found them to be better crash resistant?
Bummer that happen,,I would simply scribe out a new alloy X shape onto some alloy plate and make one,even custom your own but keep shape the same,,,saves a dollar and saves you searching

Ay 1 crash enough ha,never had to replace or upgrade the plate so cant say how good or durable upgrade one is,,depending on cost ,you might be able to get couple fabricated,,Ebay probably good place to check if haven't already ,,someone on the forum might have couple lying around,,have search in classified forum ,might be parts around,,good luck and no more crashing ;)

yeah, no more crashing... I am learning and did not realize it takes some lag before direction change + speed also counts: still trying to get used to the controls & the drone behavior. Anyway, is there a difference in mounting plate between P3 4k & Prof, Adv, STD? Because online mostly available for Prof, Adv & STD and NOT 4k. But, I will check classifieds as well

I fabricated a plate out of Plexiglass of same thickness as the plastic mounting plate and it installed nice: it is a bit more weight than the stock plate but fits exactly. I powered up the drone inside the house and the gimbal did its routine dance. 1st time in Camera view I got a warning 'down sensor malfunction, fly carefully'. I powered down both remote & drone and when switched on 2nd time there was NO error. I did connect both cables correctly and the cables did not come out from the pins. Weather for the next 3 days sucks in North East (I live in CT) and next Monday looks like a better day. I will report how it flies if I can try it out.

All P3 bodies same thought metal gimble X plate was too. What's different about 4K?

I only have 4k and don't know the difference. When I looked up online mount plates listing say either for 'Prof & Adv' or 'STD' making me assume they are different. 1 ebay seller when contacted said 'it is what the listing says and I can't guarantee it fits 4k'. And except for a couple of Chinese sellers on ebay, no one offers 4k plate. And that is why I am not sure whether plates differ among different versions of Phantom 3 and trying to find out if anyone did change the plate on 4k with other version plates and if yes, where did they buy it

Thanks for all your suggestions, but the specific questions I am asking are - 1) Is the mounting plate same for Phantom 3 STD, Adv, Prof & 4k? 2) Did any of you change the plate on 4k and if yes, which plate you used and where did you buy it? As I explained, I did see listings on eBa & Amazon, but none of them say it is for '4k'

yeah, no more crashing... I am learning and did not realize it takes some lag before direction change + speed also counts: still trying to get used to the controls & the drone behavior. Anyway, is there a difference in mounting plate between P3 4k & Prof, Adv, STD? Because online mostly available for Prof, Adv & STD and NOT 4k. But, I will check classifieds as well
Um drone should react to stick inputs ,having some lag before drone response to input not good,that's where accidents happen,,have a look at rc calibration under remote settings in app,,this way your stick input can be reset to 100% in all movements and should give proper control,this rc stick calibration also involves gimble wheel so read onscreen prompt and follow,,incorrect or not doin the gimble wheel will fail in calibration,,watch utube clip before hand so it makes it easy if unsure,,its very easy to do and puts you back in full control,,,,,,,,,,good effort on making gimble plate,that's what hobbies are about

"drone should react to stick inputs ,having some lag before drone response to input not good".
Most likely he has NO lag but high EXP settings.

I ordered a mount plate from Amazon which said will fit P3 Prof & Adv, but did not say fits 4k version. The contour & holes match the 4k plate, except the 2 protrusions that go against sensor body are not in the new plate (see the 2 black shapes in pic below), but I guess it should be fine. Anyway currently I have my home fabricate plate on the drone. Sure I will calibrate RC and report back.

gimbal_mounting_plate.jpg

I just noticed exact item on newegg.com (Neewer for DJI Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Camera Anti Vibration Shock Absorbing Board, Vibration Damping Plate, a Must for Beginners and Junior Users - Newegg.com). It is called 'Neewer for DJI Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Camera Anti Vibration Shock Absorbing Board, Vibration Damping Plate'... just in case any 4k user needs it.

I ordered it and will update the forum once I receive the item on its fitment

1645434576591.png

Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31