P2V+ with black screen/no FPV but also no drone data

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus drone that I can't connect to using the DJI Vision app. I am aware of the black screen/no video/no FPV issue and have previously repaired a P2V (non-plus version with the egg camera) so I went ahead and tried the same fix on the Wi-Fi module on this drone, following flymyphantom's 2023 video.

Everything seemed to go well, including the test at the end. However I still have the same problem as before - black screen/no video.

One thing I've noticed is that not only is there no video but there is also no data from the drone - as in no battery level, no SD card information, no altitude or speed, etc. This is different from the symptoms that I've seen in other cases, where people's drones have had no video but this data is still present (e.g. in this thread).

So did I do something wrong when flashing the firmware or is this a different problem? Is this a sign of a totally dead Wi-Fi module?

Attachments

• 2023-06-09 20.06.38.jpg
    2023-06-09 20.06.38.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 80
Hi

its me flymyphantom, the black video will be caused by the obvious lack of connection between your phone and the range extender

so questions to be answered so i can help further

1) what device are you using phone tablet etc remember the advice about phone type given in the video
2) is the RE bound to the module as per the binding instructions
3) have you ensured that you have connected to the RE wifi as per the manual
4) are there any lights on the RE.

If the module was seen ok and showed bootme before being flashed and the flash program completed with out errors after running the flash process twice then we can assume the module is in good condition.

It may be best to email me directly for further help as i answer emails faster use [email protected]

Hi

its me flymyphantom, the black video will be caused by the obvious lack of connection between your phone and the range extender

so questions to be answered so i can help further

1) what device are you using phone tablet etc remember the advice about phone type given in the video
2) is the RE bound to the module as per the binding instructions
3) have you ensured that you have connected to the RE wifi as per the manual
4) are there any lights on the RE.

If the module was seen ok and showed bootme before being flashed and the flash program completed with out errors after running the flash process twice then we can assume the module is in good condition.

It may be best to email me directly for further help as i answer emails faster use [email protected]
Thanks for replying. Will email you but will also reply here for all to see -

My phone is definitely connected to the range extender - when it isn't I get the message "Phantom Connection Broken" on that screen. When it's connected to the range extender's Wi-Fi it's a black screen, no drone data, but you can see in the screenshot it is at least showing the range extender's battery level.

To answer your questions -

1) My phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro. I'm aware of issues with the DJI Vision app on newer Android devices and from experience I know that I can't rebind range extenders on this device, so I also have an Amazon Fire HD 10 7th gen tablet on hand, which I know can rebind successfully. The symptoms are the same with both devices.

2) Yes, it was bound originally as it's the one that came with the drone. I have since tried rebinding it (with the Amazon tablet, getting the success message without it kicking me all the way back to the main menu and the RE rebooting, etc.) and also tried another, known working, range extender. Same problem with that.

3) Yes, definitely sure, as above. I'm not clicking on "Camera" until it's on Wi-Fi, and if it wasn't connected I would be getting that connection broken error message and wouldn't be seeing the RE's battery level.

4) Yes, power LED is always solid. System LED flashes rapidly when first switched on, then slowly once Wi-Fi is established, and flashes more intermittently when a device is connected.

I have also made sure that there is actually a Wi-Fi signal coming from the Wi-Fi module in the drone by using a Wi-Fi analyser app, which shows there is a network with a hidden SSID from a DJI device, as you would expect.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl