Phantom 2 Vision Camera Blank Black screen

Reaction score
Hi there

I just had my P2V for my second day. I did the camera firmware upgrade.
The camera was working fine thru my iPhone5 yesterday.
However today is just blank with no image, no error message, I did remove the Len cap

Can anyone help me please?
Cheers
Peter

Should work w/o memory card.
?
Just to be clear, was it working then you updated and it stopped or was it working after update then stopped?

Hi

SD card was in

Day 1
I opened the box
Hooked up everything
Camera is working thru iPhone5
Saw there was a camera firmware upgrade, done that~
Camera working fine after update
Have a few trail flights
Turn off and sleep

Day 2
Everything works fine except can't see image on iPhone
I can tilt the camera with my iPhone
Have a few flight.
Everything was perfect but no image
I screenshot the iPhone as attached

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,130
Mine did the same after firmware update. Toasted my camera. First my camera would not connect and finally did and then went black. Never recovered. Sent everything back for a replacement and did not update firmware again. Maybe after they fix things with update.

psmlee said:
Day 3
Still black screen

Time to time?
How can I revive it?

Try this:

-Close the app (double click the home button, swipe up app to force close)
-Hard reset Iphone (Hold home button + Lock button till it shuts down)
-Reset the extender (with a pen press and hold the button right in between the USB port and on/off switch until it flashes)
-Re bind (turn tx on, extender on, phantom on, camera on WIFI and open app. Go to settings, BIND then scan QR code on the right side of -the box your p2V came in

This should work.

Thanks for that. but it did not work.

I can tilt the camera via iphone, but still no images.

I assume the wifi connection is up,, since i can control the camera movemnt.

is there a factory reset which I can go back before the upgrade of camera firmware?

Yeah there is something wrong with your camera. If you just did what I posted earlier then you basically reset everything so there is obviously something wrong.

I have this same issue as well. Everything worked fine for the first 10 flights or so. No crashes or issues. Now, I just get the spinning wheel and black screen. If I take a pic or video it captures it, just no FPV live view. This is the reason I bought the Phantom 2 Vision+. I tried the re-binding steps noted above, to no avail. I also tried to join the wifi on iPad, and the app gives me the same result. Anyone get good feedback from DJI or know of a fix?

Thx,
Ryan

P2 Vision+ with Samsung S5, after return from DJI to install new camera, have black screen, called DJI tech and he said to bind to the MAC address on the WIFI extender (Totally WRONG), have tried several times to bind with Phantom Camera both the QR code and Manual rebind, I think somehow when DJI installed new cam, they failed in some way to connect everything, as I can control the camera from the app, but no image, using all new firmware 3.14, app 1.0.58, cam 1.3.0.g. Does anyone know if there may be a setting on the phone to correct?

This prob doesnt help anyone but, just got my PV2 out after a while tucked away in the bedroom (the PV2, that is), updated the PV2, RC unit and Android App, did NOT update camera software, mainly because the 'read me' stated 'PV2+'. I now have no live view from the camera. Havent tried taking stills so cant comment on if it is working or not but def no live view!! Could it be the App?? now has the groundstation included?? hoped I could go back to original version of the app but cant see a way to do it.

This is not uncommon . Mine did it again today. It is a app issue or with mine any way. I have to do all you'll have spoke of and then
I will just get it back. It seems to me to be a certain combination of what ya reboot first and have never figured out just what it is .
My screen this evening the first time I fly was like in the screenshot above but I did have a picture from when I had shut it down last . The second battery I had the black screen with everything else . I just flew like that both times with it in LOS and when I got in I started messing with it and it was back to normal . I have never figured out if it's the way I shut it down or what but that's what mine does . Will be fine for a month and then this will happen and might just reboot and it come back on.
I have had one for a year and have seen this from when I started. Just keep trying different combinations before ya give up .
It makes me want to smash it sometimes :eek::eek:

OK, have tried updating firmware on the camera, even though the readme says its for the P2V+, but all to no avail.
The camera is working fine, taking pictures, but I cannot get any FPV on my Mobile, no matter what sequence of power up I use, wishing I hadn't updated the Mobile APP!!

Mine is doing the exact thing. It takes pictures and video. Just no fpv. Screen is just black with the spinning wheel. I have tried everything I can think of.

Try unplugging the three connectors from the body to the gimbal mounting plate the 4 wire one on the side has a locking tab the other 2 don't and reset the connectors worked for me

Try unplugging the three connectors from the body to the gimbal mounting plate the 4 wire one on the side has a locking tab the other 2 don't and reset the connectors worked for me
My Vision doesn't have that many connecters ? You talking about the plus right ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl