P2V+ & P3S compatibility questions

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the drone world. I bought a Phantom 2 vision+ about 2 years ago. I crashed it on new years eve a year later. After replacing the very expensive camera, it never worked right again. I gave up! I recently found a Phantom 3 Standard at a lot less new price than I previously paid for the Vision+. It worked really well except for the range. Now I'm wanting to get back into drones for somewhat of a recreational hobby. My question is: Is it better to use the T-Motor antigravity motors that were on my Vision+ on the P3S? Is there a way to use the P2V+ remote on the P3S for a longer range so it doesn't lose signal at about 300' and return home? I can't even leave my property to look at the woods around me with the P3S. It's very disappointing....

Reactions: dirkclod
Well that seems to sum it up pretty easy. What's the best way to get better range out of the remote on the P3S? I' like to get around a mile or so out of it. Is that possible?

Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

What's the best way to get better range out of the remote on the P3S?
Here are some things you can do to ensure the best range:
  • Enable airplane mode on your mobile device (and then re-enable Wi-Fi)
  • Make sure you don't have any other Wi-Fi/cellular devices near the remote controller
  • Make sure the remote controller antenna is positioned like this
  • Make sure there are no obstacles between the Phantom and remote controller
  • Fly in locations where you know there are no other nearby Wi-Fi signals
Beyond that, you can use install an antenna booster (like one of these).

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl