P2V+ & P3 Standard Parts Swap

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a P2V+ with the dreaded black screen, everything works fine, telemetry, gimbal controls, flight, recording, pictures, everything other than my screen is black. There is a crashed P3 for sale locally that the seller states that the motherboard is crashed and one of the motors does not work. The price is cheap for the P3, is there anyway of combining parts (wifi module?) from the 3 or main board from the P2V+ to make a good quad?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have a P2V+ with the dreaded black screen, everything works fine, telemetry, gimbal controls, flight, recording, pictures, everything other than my screen is black. There is a crashed P3 for sale locally that the seller states that the motherboard is crashed and one of the motors does not work. The price is cheap for the P3, is there anyway of combining parts (wifi module?) from the 3 or main board from the P2V+ to make a good quad?

Thanks,
Unfortunately no, the P2V+ and the P3 are very different birds. Different battery voltages and different main boards are not interchangeable. Nor is the camera/gimbal interchangeable.

I believe the ECU's are built into the main board on the P3 but not the P2V+ correct?
What about the transmitter/receiver system as an entire unit between the two?
P3 standard doesn't use Lightbridge correct? What does it use?
Camera/gimbal on the P3, what does it connect to? On the P2V+ it connects to power and the wifi board is all I believe.

Thanks for your help!

I believe the ECU's are built into the main board on the P3 but not the P2V+ correct?
What about the transmitter/receiver system as an entire unit between the two?
P3 standard doesn't use Lightbridge correct? What does it use?
Camera/gimbal on the P3, what does it connect to? On the P2V+ it connects to power and the wifi board is all I believe.

Thanks for your help!
I assume you meant ESC'S and yes they are built into the mainboard of the P3 and not in the P2. I've been trying to verify that the 2312/960KV motor is the same one used on some P2's and P3's and that they are interchangeable but I can't confirm that. Even if they are, the ESC'S will be very different. So to the best of my knowledge, the only compatible parts between the P2 and P3 will be the 2312 (not the 2312A) motors and props. All else will be different.

Only the P3A/P use Lightbridge. The other P3 versions use a similar wifi system to that of the P2 but I dont believe you can swap any of those components.

Even the entire camera/gimbal system and controller system?
Would it be possible to swap in an entirely different flight control board and esc's?
Just curious more than any thing at this point.

Even the entire camera/gimbal system and controller system?
Would it be possible to swap in an entirely different flight control board and esc's?
Just curious more than any thing at this point.
No the P2 and P3 shells are very different. You can't use a P2 board in a P3 shell and vice versa without some serious modifications. The P2V+ camera/gimbal board has different connectors than any P3 camera/gimbal board. They just aren't interchangeable. I have a P2V+ which has a completely dead camera/gimbal board (among other issues) and I own a perfectly working P3P. They are very different birds. The only thing I've found that's swappable are the props.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic