P2V Camer Binding Help? Please?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I grabbed a P2V used that needed some love. Working through the problems, I had to purchase a new Gimbal/servo combo and best way was to grab it off ebay with a camera (old camera was working but hey, this is a new one!) Good news is that the gimbal and servo are working Great! Bad news is that in trying to bind the new camera, I was unsuccessful... in rebinding the old camera, I was also unsuccessful...
1. power up and connect
2. reset range extender
3. reconnect and go into setting/binding and enter the MAC address (this is an area I may be having trouble.)
4. click the check box
5. not getting the "binding successful" message. "Connection Broken" message when I enter camera mode in the app.

watched a few YouTubers do it, followed same sequence.
when entering the MAC address, i'm entering the last six under the QR code on the camera. (is this where I'm going wrong?) in this case the code is AL161457155408 so I'm completing the MAC address with 15 54 08.

as I stated, the old camera WAS working. The new one is certainly unknow. bought is "new" in an opened box and none of the codes match the box, etc... so I'm forced to enter the code off the camera itself.

also, I do not have the original package from the Drone either.... drone does not have a QR on the bottom...

thoughts? can someone help?

in this case the code is AL161457155408 so I'm completing the MAC address with 15 54 08.

yep its my speciality lol

Thats not a MAC address, they start with 60 60 and then other numbers and letters, the QR code should be scanned with the app, but it is to small, so follow this guide instead from 8 minutes 40 seconds

yep its my speciality lol

Thats not a MAC address, they start with 60 60 and then other numbers and letters, the QR code should be scanned with the app, but it is to small, so follow this guide instead from 8 minutes 40 seconds

Thank You so much for the video and support. Just tried it real quick and still no luck. :( I'll go back in and try again later when I have some more time... getting the evil eye from my wife at this point...

Thank You so much for the video and support. Just tried it real quick and still no luck. :( I'll go back in and try again later when I have some more time... getting the evil eye from my wife at this point...

Make sure you properly reset the range extender as shown, using INSSIDER get the MAC address and enter that into the app as per the video

Make sure you properly reset the range extender as shown, using INSSIDER get the MAC address and enter that into the app as per the video

At 12:56 in the binding process portion of the video, you suggest using ipad/iPhone as android has a problem with the binding process. Is this still the case? I've been using android this whole time. . Ugh.

At 12:56 in the binding process portion of the video, you suggest using ipad/iPhone as android has a problem with the binding process. Is this still the case? I've been using android this whole time. . Ugh.

ive had people have issues with Android 7, remember the app was written when it was Android 4 and 5 etc so newer ones have issues, let me know what issues you are having, in fact email me if you want at [email protected] as its easier than using the forum

Reactions: Alex4430
I do confirm, some android 6 7 8 are causing troubles. I personally have an old 5 to perform a binding procedure. Re is running openwrt is thus it is possible to ssh it and input binding data manually, but it is a bit more complicated :)

Reactions: crash1sttime
I do confirm, some android 6 7 8 are causing troubles. I personally have an old 5 to perform a binding procedure. Re is running openwrt is thus it is possible to ssh it and input binding data manually, but it is a bit more complicated :)

i'd be interested in seeing a document for this procedure if possible

Can we telnet or ssh DJI drones ?
Once you get on board you have to modify /etc/config/wireless using f.i. vi
Modify it to correspond to Mac and ssid of your Wi-Fi module. There are two interfaces, so and sta, sta is a one to be modified. For more details I send you to openwrt wiki.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj