P2V+ 9450 propellors on P3A ???

Reaction score
I have 8 new 9450 props from my P2V+ never used and wondering if anyone has used them on their P3A or P3P? The only difference I can see is the P3A props that came with the bird (purchased a few days ago from Henry's Camera) have a plastic threaded inner and the ones from the P2V+ all have what appears to be metal threaded inners. I attached the P2V+ props to the P3A and they seem to fit fine and tighten right down.
My understanding of the number stamped on the prop is that the 1st two numbers (94xx) refers to the overall length of the blade (tip to tip) ie. 9.4" and the last two numbers (xx50) refers to the pitch of 5.0". So the props are identical except for the metal vs. the plastic inner threaded part at the "hub" .
Also note: it looks like I do not have the very latest upgraded motors but they are the more powerful ones.

Yes, people have, but it's not a good idea and will likely void your DJI warranty if it causes a crash (e.g. a prop flies off mid-flight). The P3A and P3P use a feature known as active braking to help the Phantom come to a stop quicker. The props with the composite hubs were designed to be used with that feature.

Yes, people have, but it's not a good idea and will likely void your DJI warranty if it causes a crash (e.g. a prop flies off mid-flight). The P3A and P3P use a feature known as active braking to help the Phantom come to a stop quicker. The props with the composite hubs were designed to be used with that feature.
Ok, but the new P3 props, to be clear, have a plastic inner threaded portion unlike the (what appears to be) metal inner threaded portion on the older P2V+ props. The newer plastic core threaded portion props seem to require more turns to fully "bed" them down tight too. Perhaps that is the difference - the new ones tighten down more than the older ones?

Perhaps that is the difference - the new ones tighten down more than the older ones?
The new props tighten down just the same for me. It sounds like you're cranking them on too tightly. Spin them on fully and then turn them just a bit -- about 1/8 of a complete turn is sufficient.

Reactions: bobmyers
The new props tighten down just the same for me. It sounds like you're cranking them on too tightly. Spin them on fully and then turn them just a bit -- about 1/8 of a complete turn is sufficient.
Didn't want to sound like I'm really twisting them over tight. Just lightly yes about 1/8 of a turn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan