P2 with 3D Gimbal crash -damaged gimbal

Reaction score
What recourse do I have after a crash and obvious repairs? Bought a new P2 with the new 3D gimbal, a TX and RX etc. Can one claim on any insurance such as the camera equipment insurance I have on my film gear? I am a wedding videographer and my insurance paid when I lost a lens on a job. Or how about the Amex insurance you get when you purchase using the card? I understand there are no parts available for things like a bent bottom plate on the latest 3 way gimbal and my TX is up a tree somewhere...can't find it. The actual copter is in one piece. Just got the system less than a week ago. Had been flying it fine without the extras. Do I have to go through the dealer or do I pack up the gimbal and send it off to DJI? Just wondering what the after crash procedures are and what might work.

I would say it depends why the crash happened. If it's user error, it's between you and your insurance if any - contact them all and see if any will accept an "accidental damage" claim - otherwise contact your nearest DJI service centre direct for repair service (USA, Europe or China - see DJI website). By user error I mean things like no or improper compass calibration, descending into own propwash (settling with power), reckless flying etc.

If it's something fairly obviously systems-related like sudden total loss of power then your video showing that should be fairly good evidence you need a replacement under warranty if the camera was rolling...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik