P2 vs P2V+

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to decide between the P2 with the h3-3d and the vision+ I'm new to quads, so I've spent some time learning on smaller ones and now I'm ready to crash something bigger. I would like some thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of each. I'll be flying recreation only. Thanks :D

PV+: Good
Works straight away out of the box for FPV
No need to add an iOSD, vTx, Screen etc as it's all there already
Can start/stop video on the fly
Can take pictures on the fly
Can adjust camera settings in the air

PV+: Bad
Locked in
Can't really change anything
Video quality isn't as good as GoPro H3B

P2+Zen+GoPro: Good
More flexible
Can use the GoPro for other stuff
Better video quality with 2.7k and 1080p60 and other modes
Easily expandable with different transmitters, addons etc.

P2+Zen+GoPro: Bad
Needs you to fiddle about to get FPV etc
No way to control GoPro in the air (set it going before you take off)

I have a P2+Zen+GoPro but am considering getting a PV+ for guerilla shooting. The fact that it's all-in-one and works straight out of the box with no fiddle appeals to me as a secondary craft to supplement my S800 EVO. I won't be selling the P2 though.

rilot said:
PV+: Good
Works straight away out of the box for FPV
No need to add an iOSD, vTx, Screen etc as it's all there already
Can start/stop video on the fly
Can take pictures on the fly
Can adjust camera settings in the air

PV+: Bad
Locked in
Can't really change anything
Video quality isn't as good as GoPro H3B

P2+Zen+GoPro: Good
More flexible
Can use the GoPro for other stuff
Better video quality with 2.7k and 1080p60 and other modes
Easily expandable with different transmitters, addons etc.

P2+Zen+GoPro: Bad
Needs you to fiddle about to get FPV etc
No way to control GoPro in the air (set it going before you take off)

I have a P2+Zen+GoPro but am considering getting a PV+ for guerilla shooting. The fact that it's all-in-one and works straight out of the box with no fiddle appeals to me as a secondary craft to supplement my S800 EVO. I won't be selling the P2 though.

+1

I think you covered it all. I had a vision and sent it back for the P2/Zen/Gopro. I like to tinker and add stuff.

I agree. I have a p2 with h2-3d. If I had to do it all over again I would get a P2v+ then build a custom quad or tri-copter built for FPV long range.

Thanks, very helpful.
Maybe I'll get the P2V+ now and get something to fiddle with later after I have more experience. I do like to experiment. :D

fastsmiles said:
Thanks, very helpful.
Maybe I'll get the P2V+ now and get something to fiddle with later after I have more experience. I do like to experiment. :D

Yeah. I ended up loving the quadcopters that I am looking more into the hobby. There are units out there that can fly crazy range and fpv range. Fly with better cameras and fly 2x as long as the p2.

Chances are you have to build it yourself or pay a fortune... But that's why they call it al hobby. The phantom is a consumer rtf drone that is basically entry level hobby. Its arguably the best entry level but it's just that. ... Entry level.

I think the main con of P2V+ is the limited FPV range; with the P2 and a good FPV set (transmitter + antenna) you can achieve 4-5km range, probably not possible with the P2V+.

I think the P2V or P2V+ would be a great compliment to the P2Z as kind of a search and rescue multi-rotor. If I was to lose my P2 I still have my iPhone or iPad and could use them with a P2V (+) to locate where it went down since I should know the approximate area, especially within the range of a P2V. The problem I have now is that I just have a H3-2D and am kind of longing for a H3-3D, still on the fence though because of some of the issues going around with Jello and firmware for the 3D. I'd especially like to make sure the GoPro 4 is the same size, otherwise I'd just have to upgrade once more!

On its own I have to agree that range is the biggest down fall for the either the P2V or the P2V+, the other being no upgrade path - I guess that's only a problem for those on a budget, but really, isn't everybody?

gasato said:
I think the main con of P2V+ is the limited FPV range; with the P2 and a good FPV set (transmitter + antenna) you can achieve 4-5km range, probably not possible with the P2V+.

Actually you can upgrade both the fpv and the range on the p2v+ Very easily and very inexpensive. It's a matter of upgrading all the antennae. Even fpvlr.com has some kits. You can buy a $10 8 db antenna and get the range on controller easily. Want to go beyond that? Get an amplifier made for either the fpv or the controller

I'm not telling anyone to get a p2v+ Vs p2. I'm just saying range is not that much of an issue.

The real issue is the gopro vs something close vs immediate download and post to social media.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl