P2 (non vision) drifting after comp.cal. sucecess

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Phantom 2 Vision off of eBay about 3 or 4 weeks ago the quadcopter is in good shape it's got one crack in the shell of one of the arms which I'm assuming it must have hit something pretty hard to buckle the shell where the vent is around the middle part of the shell on the top other than that the Drone is in perfect shape upon calibrating my transmitter as well as the quadcopter GPS lock me in it is still drifting really bad and it seems like whoever had this before has the y'all in the pitch turned up all the way if that's even possible because when I lift off I'll go about six to eight foot in the air and I'll let it sit there and hover. I also have a P3 advanced but I like the two model so I purchased one but every time I lift off my drone is are calibrated they're locked in there both tied in as far as RC and quadcopter after I get it up about six to eight foot I'll do my check I'll do my left turn right turn side to side back Ford up down and then I'll bring it back down to hover at its original height this Phantom 2 is drifting really bad when I do my turns my spins left to right can somebody please tell me how to fix that sorry for the long message but it's a really complicated question for me I can't find any software to download nor update because they say on the DJI page that they're not in production anymore please help

The P2 isnt the most stable when hovering even when all is calibrated perfectly. Mine seems to need about 3 minutes of flying to sort itself out and start to hover normally. Mine also has cracks in the shell and I've noticed when rotating it tends to drift to the left, i suspect thats due to vibration on the weak arm causing uneven thrust. My P3 is far more stable than my P2. I don't even compare them.

Absolutely the crack that I have almost P2 is the back right arm and that's possibly what it could be because it still has the original shell but it looks like this Joker rammed something really really hard I can't say this about DJI plastic hits tough also have a Parrot Bebop 2 s well and you can actually go into the app and it gives you the option to max out all of the features as far as pitch y'all your game you can switch it from one mode to Imperial mode because it's it's French so it doesn't actually tell you how fast you're going it goes in milliseconds I believe but next to the DJI spark the Phantom Bebop 2 is probably the most comparison as far as drones and you know a lot of other brands have emulated and tried to copycat DJI I'm trying to attach a photo of this arm because it nailed something and buckled it right in the top facing the battery right in the top right side of the battery is where it's buckled but other than that it flies really really good the guy that I bought it from shafted me because he was supposed to also include a zenmuse H3 3D GoPro camera I guess and he sent everything but the attachment piece with the lens and everything plus it looks like one of the shafts are either dislodged or broke because on the side of the weight it just completely collapses down where the weight drags it down you know you can't keep it stable so but anything that you could help me with as far as software because there is none that I can find I would gladly be appreciative and thank you so much for responding

Whatever he hit he nailed it completely LOL again thank you for responding

Attachments

• 15545643952318464967994408141058.jpg
    15545643952318464967994408141058.jpg
    872.2 KB · Views: 371
  • 15545644289723489361783336874427.jpg
    15545644289723489361783336874427.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 300
Now that software for the P2 Vision will it also work for the Phantom non Vision because that's what I have.. just curious

Here's the link for the non vision. I don't know if theres actually any difference in the software (mine is a P2 vision +)

Now that software for the P2 Vision will it also work for the Phantom non Vision because that's what I have.. just curious

That drifting could be results of the damaged arm. I'll bet you have done an advanced IMU when you received your P2 that must be the first thing you need to do. Do not check the status nor use the basic calibration but instead go directly to the advanced tab. You'll find the IMU cal in the tools tab. The IMU can also cause drifting as well and the sitting should be no lower 1300 or higher than 1600. If you have trouble with either lower or higher numbers you may a magnetized compass. So if that turns out to be the case get back to me

If you are using PC you may need the Windows driver and that has to be installed into the P2 before the P2 software can be used.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik