P2 motors

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Want to get 2 spare motors for back up.
Can someone tell me what the Phantom 2 uses and part numbers please. Looking at web sites and there are so many different motors.

The older (2212 920kV) stock P2 motors are the DJIPV-06 (CW) and DJIPV-05 (CCW)

The newer (2312 960kV) are Part 10 (CW) and Part 11 (CCW) and must be used with the newer V2.0 ESCs, which naturally look exactly like the old V2 ESCs, but have an extra V2.0 on the sticker, different FW on them and a different start up sound.

If you've had your P2 for awhile you have the 2212 motors.

Thanks mate,
New motor installed today, test run and all good. Much smoother than before and much better response times than earlier. Maybe the old motor was faulty and dragging more than the other 3. Even the sound of the props spinning is more stable (more constant frequency)

Welcome.

Could have been a so-so motor. The bearings in them aren't top shelf and everything mass produced has more duds than the consumer cares to like, since one of them is who ends up with it.

RDCF550 said:
Welcome.

Could have been a so-so motor. The bearings in them aren't top shelf and everything mass produced has more duds than the consumer cares to like, since one of them is who ends up with it.

I've taken apart a few brushless motors from my 3DR hex, mostly to salvage one after a bad crash, but I don't recall that there are any bearings in them. Maybe the Phantom motors do, and the AR Parrot motors definitely do because their props are connected to the motor through a gear reduction.

There are definitely bearings in P2 motors.

They're [really] the only thing that wears out.

I didn't say anything about the 3DR Hex, talking P2 here, and yes they do have bearings. All motors have some type or there would be too much friction between the moving parts.

I work with motors without bearings. They run at 27K RPM running 24/7 and very little heat generated.

The phantom motors have bearings. I have replaced them with higher end Boca bearings, and dissected the stock bearings to check them out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl