P2 durability

Reaction score
Today I was flying near my house when i turned my head and next thing i know my prop was stuck in the gutter! i cut the throttle and my phantom fell 20 feet onto concrete, the gimbal went flying off! But to my surprise the phantom only had some scratches and a broke prop! all was okay because i caught it on video. As i ran over to it i thought the shell was going to be cracked really badly but it was fine. Was i just lucky or can phantoms survive this type of crash normally??

Phantom are pretty tough, gimbals not so much, the p2v fc200 can take a beating, you might want to run an IMU calibration, just in case the jolt knocked your gyro, accelerometer out of whack! Fresh compass cal. She should be good! I had one fall from 30+ feet to hard ground ( not concrete ) gimbal destroyed ( aftermarket 2 axis ) but craft no damage! I was pleasantly surprised!
$70 later for new gimbal, BACK IN ACTION! ( my fault drifted into a stray branch top of tree ( did not see it )). I heard props crunching limbs, then a few limbs breaking , then crash to the ground, props still spinning, until battery ejected when eagle touched down! Lesson learned!
Still flying her today! Tough rascal!

J Dot
:cool:

yeah I was worried i destroyed the gimbal but it turned out to be fine

If that is the case,
Then I'd fix it myself, minor soldering skills required mainboard power leads, esc's and motors, everything else is plug n play, it's Really easy!
Swapping shells is simple! Just take lots of pictures, to help reassembly, if be glad to help out along the way!

J Dot

all that really needed to be done was replace a prop and bend the anti-jello gimbal piece back

All i had to do was replace the after market landing gear and i bent one arm. New landing gear and a heat gun its ready to fly

Attachments

• 1463363978858.jpg
    1463363978858.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 330
What camera do you have on there? And are you using it without a gimball?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That is my gopro 3. After my first flight/crash i dont want my 4 on there and dor now yes no gimbal but i do have one

That is my gopro 3. After my first flight/crash i dont want my 4 on there and dor now yes no gimbal but i do have one

I have yet to put my 4 on there....LOL. I'm scared to because I never know.

Got my p2 in the air today mith my gopro 3 on it did great till i hit a tree and got stuck. Good news, No damage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31