P2 crashed and bented arm

Reaction score
i have got a P2 with a H4-3D with a GoPro hero3 plus,yesterday I lost control of the P2 and the Failsafe landed it but it crashed on landing and bented one of the armsand the propeller in hitting the shell , I was told that I could gently heat the arm and bend it back into place or do I need a new shell

i have got a P2 with a H4-3D with a GoPro hero3 plus,yesterday I lost control of the P2 and the Failsafe landed it but it crashed on landing and bented one of the armsand the propeller in hitting the shell , I was told that I could gently heat the arm and bend it back into place or do I need a new shell

you will struggle to find a shell, ive been looking and only found one overpriced on amazon, you can heat it gently with a hairdryer and bend it back but it may never fly the same again.

there are however plenty of P2 units on ebay, but maybe its time to move up to something better such as P2V plus etc

I got a a hold p2 with out controller and battery and delivery for €80 so I changed shells with my p2 did the calibration and updates compass calibration and a test flight and the p2 shoots up on full throttle in the air and I had to use throttle lock to get it down on the ground so I changed the main board motors esc and recalibrated and updated compass calibration and did a test flight and the p2 will hover for 2 seconds and shoots up in the air on full throttle with no input from controller

I got a a hold p2 with out controller and battery and delivery for €80 so I changed shells with my p2 did the calibration and updates compass calibration and a test flight and the p2 shoots up on full throttle in the air and I had to use throttle lock to get it down on the ground so I changed the main board motors esc and recalibrated and updated compass calibration and did a test flight and the p2 will hover for 2 seconds and shoots up in the air on full throttle with no input from controller

You need to calibrate the TX watch this video

I reinstalled the assistant software and calibrated the controller and did a dry run without the propellers and the p2 still runs at full power I went from Naza mode to phantom mode and still the same Iam just wondering if the X1 and X2 lead are plugged into the wrong connectors would it cause the p2 to do this and thanks a million for all the help

I reinstalled the assistant software and calibrated the controller and did a dry run without the propellers and the p2 still runs at full power I went from Naza mode to phantom mode and still the same Iam just wondering if the X1 and X2 lead are plugged into the wrong connectors would it cause the p2 to do this and thanks a million for all the help

And I was thinking would a faulty compass and or faulty gps be causing this as well

Here are the photos for the connections to the Naza module.
IMG_3615.jpg
IMG_0115.jpg

It's unlikely that the problems you are having are related to the compass or GPS. There are three calibrations that should be done and they are sticks on both controller and P2 software next would be the advanced IMU calibration. You can find videos on all of these calibrations on YouTube.

I will do that I had a problem with the H4-3D gimbal as it was moving on it own and I reinstalled the firmware and it is working properly now would I have to reinstall the firmware for the flight controller or am I looking up the wrong tree

I will do that I had a problem with the H4-3D gimbal as it was moving on it own and I reinstalled the firmware and it is working properly now would I have to reinstall the firmware for the flight controller or am I looking up the wrong tree

There is no new firmware for the controller but in order to do all calibration for both controller and P2, you need the software for both. The reason for doing the advanced IMU is because you bought both units used and they were shipped from different locations. If you're unlucky and crash again do an advanced IMU cal.

I did a calibration on the phantom controller with the rc software and the controller is out calibrated the controller and the controller calibrations are still out is there anything else that I can do or do I need a new controller

I have one question about the Naza module in the mounting settings the gps and the imitation are set to 0cm is this right or do I have to change them

I was just wondering would there be anything wrong with the Naza module to cause the motors to act funny

That's hard to answer since both units were bought used and the sellers may not have been truthful about there condition. Or it could have been your inexperience by not doing all the calibrations necessary before your first flight.

It's always a good practice when taking something apart like you did with the P2 is to take a photo before starting so you know where everything goes back and in the correct order.

When you do the advanced IMU the compass mod should be no lower than 1300 or higher than 1600. This calibration should also be done on a level surface. You can see the advance tab open it and do that cal. The advance cal is the same in the Phantom mode as well. There's no need to do a BTU reset.
IMU 05-08-16.jpg

Last edited:
After all the calibrations the compass raw mod is between 1320.0 and 1380.5 is this good and iam getting 1 green light and 2 or 3 red lights would it be something causing the gps to go funny and thanks a million for all the help

After all the calibrations the compass raw mod is between 1320.0 and 1380.5 is this good and iam getting 1 green light and 2 or 3 red lights would it be something causing the gps to go funny and thanks a million for all the help

None of the calibrations have anything to do with GPS. When the right hand switch S1 is in the upper position and you start up the P2 the rear arm LEDs will flash green slowly indicting you have six or more satellites and home lock before taking off. If S1 is in GPS and you have six or more sats the P2 will hover in position. You should be able to find that info on YouTube.

As for the what the LEDs are doing I have no idea what you are doing to cause this. Here's a link to the P2 manual if you haven't downloaded it.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

My p2 is in Naza mode and thanks for all the help I’m get the rapid green lights and then the green light and the 2 or 3 red lights would theses lights be saying how many satellites the p2 has locked on to

My p2 is in Naza mode and thanks for all the help I’m get the rapid green lights and then the green light and the 2 or 3 red lights would theses lights be saying how many satellites the p2 has locked on to

When the rear LEDs go from a rapid flashing green to a slow flashing green you will have six or more satellites. There is a section in the manual that explains the LEDs when you do compass cal and so on. Again I have no idea what you mean by "rapid green lights and then the green light and the 2 or 3 red lights".

Hi all I was away for a bit and I did all calibrations and I can see the p2 Moving all over the place in gps mode when I calibrate the compass I get the first green lights on the first part and I get red lights on the second part I getting a p3 in the next few weeks and I’d like to keep the p2 going as well

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub