P-mode acts like Sport Mode

Reaction score
Suddenly, my P4 in P-mode almost seems to be in Sport Mode. Props and arms dip into the video even when I'm just moving the stick forward a small bit. Beforehand, this only happened when in Sport Mode and pushing the stick all the way. Rotation and Pitch motions also seem to be 'jerky, not smooth, not matter how hard I try to maneuver smoothly.

You might check to see if you've turned off the forward facing cameras (collision avoidance). When these cameras are on, the speed and handling of the drone are limited. When turned off, the drone behaves much more like a P3 or the P4 in sport mode--totally different handling and definitely more jerky.

I've done back-to-back testing and the P4 in P mode with the forward facing cameras off is only a little bit slower than sport mode.

I had a similar problem. After only having my P4 for a couple of weeks, I would switch from P mode to Sport mode in flight, but after switching back to P, it would still fly as if it was in Sport mode. I would have to land, turn everything off, and restart to be able to go back to P mode. Fortunately, my P4 was still new, so I was able to return it for an exchange. So far, the replacement works as it should...I'm able to switch between all three modes during flight, at-will. So far, you're the only other person I've found with the same problem, but it's clearly not normal.

Check your "Enable Visual Sensing System" setting. If it's on, then P mode will be quite sedate. Turn it off and P mode becomes quite a bit more aggressive.

Note that with Visual Sensing Off, off, you won't have Obstacle Avoidance.

Reactions: AWD
Check your "Enable Visual Sensing System" setting. If it's on, then P mode will be quite sedate. Turn it off and P mode becomes quite a bit more aggressive.

Thanks. I needed that bit to explain some odd behavior after turning off the VSS while doing some low overwater stuff.

AD

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20