Wanting smoother left stick response.

Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreysipress.com
I've brought this up before but have not found resolution. Flying a P4P V2 in mode 2. I find the turning response too much for the slightest motion of the left stick both left and right. It's so sensitive that moving just one eight of an inch causes a jerky transition from the view straight ahead. This is annoying, sometimes startling to the viewer and just plain unprofessional. For long sweeping wide turns, it's difficult maintaining a uniform speed with a finger on a stick with no damping. I've watched a dozen YouTubes about 'smooth flight video" and tried a few things, none of which worked. Of course I have the sticks as long as they will get (very little advantage). I set the EXP values to between 2.5 and 3.5. That did sort of help the accelerator right stick but didn't help the turning action. I don't know anything about the 'Gain' setting, but tried it at 80% and it seemed weird returning to neutral, so I set it back. I tried Tripod mode, and that apparently does help on the right stick and maybe on the altitude action, but it never smoothed the rotation action. It just takes a little longer to reach the position where it gets jerky or turns too fast (really unpleasant to view). The other thing I want to do is set a limit on the maximum speed the craft will rotate at full stick left or right. That would be wonderful. I would be able to ease into the physical travel limit of the stick and hold it there while the craft turns in a smooth steady motion. In tripod mode I can do that with the right stick forward and it will travel forward smoothly at a fixed speed. What setting might I be missing for turning? If there is no limit setting, I can simply attach a physical stop to the controller to limit the stick travel. Pretty analog, but it would work fine.

I've brought this up before but have not found resolution. Flying a P4P V2 in mode 2. I find the turning response too much for the slightest motion of the left stick both left and right. It's so sensitive that moving just one eight of an inch causes a jerky transition from the view straight ahead. This is annoying, sometimes startling to the viewer and just plain unprofessional. For long sweeping wide turns, it's difficult maintaining a uniform speed with a finger on a stick with no damping. I've watched a dozen YouTubes about 'smooth flight video" and tried a few things, none of which worked. Of course I have the sticks as long as they will get (very little advantage). I set the EXP values to between 2.5 and 3.5. That did sort of help the accelerator right stick but didn't help the turning action. I don't know anything about the 'Gain' setting, but tried it at 80% and it seemed weird returning to neutral, so I set it back. I tried Tripod mode, and that apparently does help on the right stick and maybe on the altitude action, but it never smoothed the rotation action. It just takes a little longer to reach the position where it gets jerky or turns too fast (really unpleasant to view). The other thing I want to do is set a limit on the maximum speed the craft will rotate at full stick left or right. That would be wonderful. I would be able to ease into the physical travel limit of the stick and hold it there while the craft turns in a smooth steady motion. In tripod mode I can do that with the right stick forward and it will travel forward smoothly at a fixed speed. What setting might I be missing for turning? If there is no limit setting, I can simply attach a physical stop to the controller to limit the stick travel. Pretty analog, but it would work fine.
If your not already try gripping the stick between thumb and 1st finger (pinching). It might be you don’t have the benefit of earlier RC experience. Over time you will be yawing smoothly without even thinking about it. You will wonder why you were struggling.

You can try it at home, with the craft powered up try yawing left and right and you will notice the camera turning each way a little, I dont like it as it exaggerates panning shots.
With Synchronous Follow off the camera doesnt turn.

You can try it at home, with the craft powered up try yawing left and right and you will notice the camera turning each way a little, I dont like it as it exaggerates panning shots.
With Synchronous Follow off the camera doesnt turn.

Karl, I can't find any such setting. Where did you see it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl