P 3 Battery Charge Cycles, How many do you have?

Well that's just it. We all were under the same impression on the 8% mark. However I'm sharing what info that was relayed to me from the actual horse itself so to speak. So...an actual reset won't take place unless it at the 2% mark.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
That does not answer the question of the source of this new purported value of 2%, instead of the published DJI value of 8%. Please provide a citation that will corroberate the validity of this new 2% value as being the correct one.

You obvious have not followed much of what I post, but those that know me and my situation would probably say that you should just be glad that I share the info that I do because others do not. I also realize what I said sounds very arrogant, but I really can't think of any other way to say it. Just know that I'm not really in a position to explain myself. However, even if I was, I'm not so sure that I would anyhow. There is nobody paying me to say what it is I say. So based on that, I do not need to back up anything I say, nor do I have to prove anything to anyone. And if any of that bothers you or anyone else, I suggest you be more selective of who's post you read from.

Just know that I personally value the time I spend on this hobby of mine. And I am not someone to waste other peoples time by making false claims of any kind.

Happy Holidays......

You obvious have not followed much of what I post, but those that know me and my situation would probably say that you should just be glad that I share the info that I do because others do not. I also realize what I said sounds very arrogant, but I really can't think of any other way to say it. Just know that I'm not really in a position to explain myself. However, even if I was, I'm not so sure that I would anyhow. There is nobody paying me to say what it is I say. So based on that, I do not need to back up anything I say, nor do I have to prove anything to anyone. And if any of that bothers you or anyone else, I suggest you be more selective of who's post you read from.

Just know that I personally value the time I spend on this hobby of mine. And I am not someone to waste other peoples time by making false claims of any kind.

Happy Holidays......
I apologize if I offended, and I now understand the situation. Thank you for taking the time to clarify. Accurate user based information from insiders is far more reliable than the official company line. We are all here to learn from each other, and your insider contributions are invaluable. 2% it is! :cool: I have either deleted or edited my prior posts to be consistent with this new updated information. Thank you again! :)Happy Holidays to you and yours, too...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbundy63
Well that's just it. We all were under the same impression on the 8% mark. However I'm sharing what info that was relayed to me from the actual horse itself so to speak. So...an actual reset won't take place unless it at the 2% mark.
This is the one thing that drives me mad about this hobby and DJI. No disrespect Frank, I follow all your posts with interest and I know what you do, but what's with the secret squirrel? Deep discharges on batteries are crucial for good battery health , and up to press its been 8% to recalibrate cells. Then you happen to mention almost in passing that it's now 2%? If that is true, why don't DJI say this (I actually can't kind find any official reference to 8% either!).
It's about time they came out and gave some crystal clear official guidelines published on their website, rather than us all working with some nebulous figure that may or may not be right. If I have missed something official about this I'd be happy to stand corrected!

This is the one thing that drives me mad about this hobby and DJI. No disrespect Frank, I follow all your posts with interest and I know what you do, but what's with the secret squirrel? Deep discharges on batteries are crucial for good battery health , and up to press its been 8% to recalibrate cells. Then you happen to mention almost in passing that it's now 2%? If that is true, why don't DJI say this (I actually can't kind find any official reference to 8% either!).
It's about time they came out and gave some crystal clear official guidelines published on their website, rather than us all working with some nebulous figure that may or may not be right. If I have missed something official about this I'd be happy to stand corrected!

If I had my way about I would toot my horn loud and clearly. But something called NDA keeps me from doing such a thing. So if I want to say something, I have to do it in such a way that I sound like a complete clown which makes it very hard for others to follow me. But....something is better then nothing. I have been on the other side and I know how it is to not know anything. So I would welcome any puzzle-talk thus being more then glad to try and solve what I was given to work with.

So let's give an example just for entertaining purposes.... Another member post and says how cool it would be if DJI added the ability for us to communicate through the app and our phones or tablets with other Fliers near by while flying I then happen to Quote his post and say something like "Christmas is just a few weeks away, ya never know...". So there you go, the fact that I even responded and went out of my way to quote a post should tell ya something. ;)

I apologize if I offended, and I now understand the situation. Thank you for taking the time to clarify. Accurate user based information is far more reliable than the official company line. We are all here to learn from each other, and your insider contributions are invaluable. 2% it is! :cool: Happy Holidays to you and yours, too...

It's all good..... :D

What do you mean reset? The battery resets itself? How would you know this.

What do you mean reset? The battery resets itself? How would you know this.

LOL...HAHAhahahaaaa. Some guys just never give up.

samestory.jpg

No seriously I'm asking? What do you mean by reset

I honestly do not know.

The reason is because I have never performed it. A couple of years ago I did run a battery down to 2% in my only attempt to do back then which was fully drain the battery after each 20 flights. The only time I might consider doing it, would this time of the year when it is very common for me to fly short flights leaving over 50% on each flight. But that would not happen unless it was the middle of March at the soonest. The fact is, we never had one battery issue ever prior to the smart battery firmware being enabled.

But to give an answer to your question, the should now reset itself when reaching a 2% remaining charge. That amount was just recently revised, the info just hasn't made it to the main stream yet.Btw, it use to be 8%.

No seriously I'm asking? What do you mean by reset
After every 20 flights, a smart battery reset is recommended, to ensure the displayed values in the app for the battery are recalibrated, by resetting them, by discharging the battery down to 2% remaining battery power.

Reactions: Turbazz
I honestly do not know.

The reason is because I have never performed it. A couple of years ago I did run a battery down to 2% in my only attempt to do back then which was fully drain the battery after each 20 flights. The only time I might consider doing it, would this time of the year when it is very common for me to fly short flights leaving over 50% on each flight. But that would not happen unless it was the middle of March at the soonest. The fact is, we never had one battery issue ever prior to the smart battery firmware being enabled.

But to give an answer to your question, the should now reset itself when reaching a 2% remaining charge. That amount was just recently revised, the info just hasn't made it to the main stream yet. Btw, it used to be 8%.
You beat me to it! :cool:

After every 20 flights, a smart battery reset is recommended, to ensure the displayed values in the app for the battery are recalibrated, by resetting them, by discharging the battery down to 2% remaining battery power.

I read the flight log data of every flight I fly. I use to do it with 2 flight loggers until I removed flytrex products from my A/C.

Last edited:
Happy New Years flyNfrank! I did a 2% discharge on two of my P3P batteries and it did make a difference in my voltage reading. Thanks for the information. Did you have a chance to look at the files I sent you, just curious.

Safe Flying!

Reactions: cneedforspeed
I can't say much I fly (well hover once I hit 10% and throttle up till usually 8%) my batteries till 6-8% each flight I have low battery set to 20% and critical set to 15% i'm over 30-35 flights on each battery (I have 7 batteries) and they all show 100% battery life. I'd say store your batteries near dead and set your auto discharge to 1 day. charge them right before you fly. I fly at least once a week so leaving them near dead doesn't seem to be an issue for me. If I was storing them for weeks I'd leave them at 30-50%. That's just me tho, no issues or concerns so far.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4