P 3 Battery Charge Cycles, How many do you have?

Reaction score
Just curious on how many charge cycles everyone has on their P3 batteries? I've got around 74 and 65 on two of my batteries and am starting to see a lot of lower voltages all of a sudden, these batteries, show 91 and 94% battery life left and at 100% charged while gaining altitude and flying into slight wind ( 3 to 6 MPH) I'm getting a lot of reading into the 3.5, 3.4 and 3.3 volt ranges and that's above 90% battery charge. Of course I know that load is a factor and I have over 300 miles on theses batteries but starting to get concerned, I had it go into auto land at 95% charge the other day and safety made it back. As everyone talks about I always take off fully charged, discharge around every 20 cycles, fly no lower than 25 to 30% I believe these batteries are rated for around 300 charge cycles? Just wondering what everybody else is getting on theirs at this amount of charge cycles?

May just be time to replace.

I have contacted DJI and submitted a ticket to see what their input will be, I will,post as some as I hear something.

Last edited:
I just updated my aircraft and batteries to the new firmware V01.06.0400 that just came out and it has seem to cure the low voltage issues I was having.

Reactions: AAPhoto
No, I flew out about 2K feet and all seemed normal. Everything seemed fine. So glad to see my voltages stay up [emoji4]

I just updated my aircraft and batteries to the new firmware V01.06.0400 that just came out and it has seem to cure the low voltage issues I was having.

Of coarse it did. When these smart batteries originally came out, we were lead to believe the battery would last at least 350 or more flights. Then things begin to change and oddly enough the battery performance appeared to be going down hill at a not so good rate.

Now the recent issue took place which one of the members put a ton of research into and the results were made public. It was just a matter of time and documents were place publicly that DJI would replace any drone that has suffered a crash or loss due to the battery. And then we had the recent firmware update.

I would tend to think that the installation of the firmware reset your batteries to an acceptable status. Btw, If want, write this down for future reference,..... Should want to reset your batteries anytime in the future, you will need to get them down to 2%. Some thought the magic number was 8% which is why they were not successful at a battery reset.

I'm sure others will be glad to see your recent results.

Reactions: Jbundy63
No, I flew out about 2K feet and all seemed normal. Everything seemed fine. So glad to see my voltages stay up [emoji4]

If you will get me a before flight log and after flight log I can single out the data to show here in your thread which would be good be all to see. All I need is the .txt files to do what I need to. I would suggest you try and match the flights as in the flight time at least. You can zip both files and attach it in a post here the same as you would if it was a image you uploaded.

I read that the other day about the batteries, I didn't remember seeing the 2% ? Is that what he stated? Definitely good to know!

If you will get me a before flight log and after flight log I can single out the data to show here in your thread which would be good be all to see. All I need is the .txt files to do what I need to. I would suggest you try and match the flights as in the flight time at least. You can zip both files and attach it in a post here the same as you would if it was a image you uploaded.
I sure will flyNfrank, I will post them up tomorrow night, it's late here and I have to get up early. Thanks for your input, Will attach files tomorrow night. [emoji4]

I sure will flyNfrank, I will post them up tomorrow night, it's late here and I have to get up early. Thanks for your input, Will attach files tomorrow night. [emoji4]

Please send me a PM otherwise I may forget.

44 cycles on the original battery that came with the p3 - only recently it said 96% life but since charging it's back to 100% - had a few issues with it around 18 cycles as one of the cells was off by 00.6 but deep cycling it as per dji instructions sorted it out.

The other 2 are on 10 cycles & no issues

I have an older battery that gives an error. Says it is not Dji. How do I get it down to 2%? I want to try to reset it.

Please send me a PM otherwise I may forget.
Two Logs after 1.6 update 2015-12-22 and 2015-12-23 and Three older logs 1.4 version 2015-12-07, 2015-12-07 and 2015-12-07

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2015-12-22_[22-30-00].txt
    530.5 KB · Views: 376
  • DJIFlightRecord_2015-12-23_[20-53-50].txt
    640.2 KB · Views: 327
  • DJIFlightRecord_2015-12-07_[17-59-20].txt
    161.9 KB · Views: 328
  • DJIFlightRecord_2015-12-07_[18-03-05].txt
    425.3 KB · Views: 322
  • DJIFlightRecord_2015-12-07_[20-55-28].txt
    590 KB · Views: 323
Of coarse it did. When these smart batteries originally came out, we were lead to believe the battery would last at least 350 or more flights. Then things begin to change and oddly enough the battery performance appeared to be going down hill at a not so good rate.

Now the recent issue took place which one of the members put a ton of research into and the results were made public. It was just a matter of time and documents were place publicly that DJI would replace any drone that has suffered a crash or loss due to the battery. And then we had the recent firmware update.

I would tend to think that the installation of the firmware reset your batteries to an acceptable status. Btw, If want, write this down for future reference,..... Should want to reset your batteries anytime in the future, you will need to get them down to 2%. Some thought the magic number was 8% which is why they were not successful at a battery reset.

I'm sure others will be glad to see your recent results.

I have an older battery that gives an error. Says it is not Dji. How do I get it down to 2%? I want to try to reset it.
Just turn it on inside the aircraft and monitor the voltage in the app until it reaches the 2%, which is the "new and improved" value, instead of the old 8%. Put a fan next to the aircraft and point it at the gimbal assembly, during the prolonged discharge, as it will otherwise overheat. Good luck!

Last edited:
Where has this 'discharge the battery down to 2%' come from? Have I missed something?

Yes, I would like some confirmation of the source, as well...

The 2% is the amount to go to should you want to reset the battery. That would be something you think of doing occasionally, and not every battery charge.

The 2% is the amount to go to should you want to reset the battery. That would be something you think of doing occasionally, and not every battery charge.
Thanks. But I thought common wisdom was it was 8% to recalibrate - not 2%. I'm only so interested because I've got a couple of batteries @ 18 charges so I'm thinking of a deep discharge in a week or two.

Thanks. But I thought common wisdom was it was 8% to recalibrate - not 2%. I'm only so interested because I've got a couple of batteries @ 18 charges so I'm thinking of a deep discharge in a week or two.

Dji reccomend 8% - lipos would probably unable to recover at 2 % or so I've read. Iust stick to 8% as it's been fine upnto now with my batteries

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20