Overnight in a tree

Big Ben said:
Easy. :D

Stihl%20MS201T%20Chainsaw.gif

LMAO! Thanks!

Woohoo.... it's home safe and sound!

Seems gravity and the wind did the job for me, it came down on its own yesterday. The property owner came by this morning with it. A little dinged up, will need all new props, but overall not too bad. Will also replace the battery with some Dinogy ones. Haven't fired up the GoPro yet but doesn't appear any worse for wear after 3 nights in sub-zero temps and a dusting of snow.

Yay! Soooo happy :mrgreen:

Glad to hear it. Good ol' mother nature coming to the rescue. I guess we can all imagine your relief. We love our birds. Maybe we get to see some interesting video from its last, but fortunately not final flight. :D

Yah if I get anything good I'll post it for sure. My first night flight with it so will have to see how it turned out!

Nice, glad you got it back.............and get that neighbor a cold beer. ;)

Well the camera is working fine, just downloaded the video.... and it sucks lol.

Is there a trick to filming at night and not getting the glare of the lights on the arm ruining the shot? Guess I could always crack the frame open and disconnect them, but that almost seems more trouble than it's worth. Any way of killing them via the Naza Assistant?

HeliRy said:
Well the camera is working fine, just downloaded the video.... and it sucks lol.

Is there a trick to filming at night and not getting the glare of the lights on the arm ruining the shot? Guess I could always crack the frame open and disconnect them, but that almost seems more trouble than it's worth. Any way of killing them via the Naza Assistant?

Nah, but you could always wrap the arms with electrical tape to black out the LEDs.

LuvMyTJ said:
If you plan on doing lots of night filming you could always install a small switch on the underside of it to control the lights.
Have you actually done this? If so it would be great to know how. The LEDs are soldered to the undersides of the ESCs so I don't know of an easy way to control them without hours or precision soldering and running excess wiring everywhere. It seems like it would be easier to open the shell, replace and resolder the ESCs every time you want to fly at night!

just use black electricians tape like mentioned earlier, or if you want a cleaner more permanent look, open the shell, (remove the esc's), unscrew the led lens's, and paint them flat black on the inside (it will never scratch off this way).

reALIGNed said:
just use black electricians tape like mentioned earlier, or if you want a cleaner more permanent look, open the shell, remove the esc's, unscrew the led lens's, and paint them flat black on the inside (it will never scratch off this way).
I don't think the LEDs have removable lenses. They're bonded to the emitters. The easiest way to make it a clean fix is to unscrew the ESC window/diffusers and tape up the holes on the underside of the shell where the LEDs stick out. Hmm, now that i've written it all out, I figured that's what you meant? Removing the ESCs is a single step with removing the window/diffuser.

That's one of the small or large benefits of the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv.
Yes we can turn off, the front Red LED diodes from within the Go app.
Very advantageous in many instances, particularly in capturing superb nighttime images but video as well...

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20