Out of box uncontrollable Quad and uneven camera

Reaction score
I received my new Phantom Vision 2 Plus today and after everything checked out I went for a first run. After about a meter off the ground the Phantom starting banking left and climbing, releasing the control had no effect, and trying to head in the opposite direction just slowed it heading left and it continued until it hit a tree.

First question has anyone else seen this? Searching around suggests not.

Second question after the crash the camera/gimbal is no longer level. it seems to operate ok, just slight off level. is there a way to calibrate this?

Josche.stewart said:
I received my new Phantom Vision 2 Plus today and after everything checked out I went for a first run. After about a meter off the ground the Phantom starting banking left and climbing, releasing the control had no effect, and trying to head in the opposite direction just slowed it heading left and it continued until it hit a tree.

First question has anyone else seen this? Searching around suggests not.

Second question after the crash the camera/gimbal is no longer level. it seems to operate ok, just slight off level. is there a way to calibrate this?

What do you mean everything check out? Please define what you considered checked out. And as Geo asked did you calibrate compass and IMU? From your description - I guess not. You might want to download this and read it -> http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.3_en.pdf

Checked out I.e. the compass calibration was performed successfully and GPS was available. I read and performed the steps in the manual before hand, and I confirmed after I had followed all the steps. I did not perform IMU calibration

I performed IMU today and will give another run. If it works my main concern is getting the camera level again.

It's unfortunate that some of these come out of the box broken. While it is best to do all of the cals as a precaution with these, the compass cal should have been all you had to do. There is currently no way to cal the gimbal from the assistant. You would have to open her up and plug into the NAZA and use the NAZA assistant to do anything with the gimbal.

Second attempt today produced the same result, calibrated and 8 Satellites available, I took off about only a couple of feet and the phomton began to bank left again. After about 4 attempts it manage to hover in one spot for about 30 seconds before it started on the move again. Was impossible for a nice landing because it was always moving around.

The only thing I did notice, when I got back home and turned it on to check the calibrations the altitude displayed on my iphone screen would jump around up to 5 feet at a time and slowly either increase or decrease while the phomton was still. Is this normal behaviour?

Glad to hear there are other cases where there are issues out of the box.

You might try opening it and checking the connections, but I would be very hesitant to fly this thing again. I hope it doesn't have damage from the crash? You should contact the seller to get it exchanged before it is lost of destroyed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20