OT: Feeling on the zuckerbeast?

Reaction score
Just wondering what the prevailing opinion is on FB with regard to security, social engineering, etc? Debating whether or not to keep using it.

My bottom line feeling... it SUCKS and we're being guided every move we make. But I still have it I just don't utilize it nearly as much as I used to. It's sort of a NECESSARY EVIL these days from a business stand point.

My bottom line feeling... it SUCKS and we're being guided every move we make. But I still have it I just don't utilize it nearly as much as I used to. It's sort of a NECESSARY EVIL these days from a business stand point.

That’s one of my big problems. As soon as I feel like I’m not the one in charge of my own decisions, I withdraw. Some people may interpret that as a problem with authority. I interpret it as a mechanism for protecting my freedom.

Most of the time, people don’t request clarification.

Never used it or any of its predecessors (MySpace, etc.).

But as BA07 mentioned, I'm not in a situation where my job or similar was aided by it either.

I used to use FB in a private family group. I am part of a large extended family and we occupy a little bit of every continent. It was handy for things like birthdays etc.. I set up another family group while I was in hospital. This prevented the “Chinese Whispers” which normally happen when messages get passed along the twigs and branches of the family tree. Things were serious enough without reports that I was being used in secret experiments involving squirrel tails to alleviate the family baldy bits.[emoji16]

I have deleted (hopefully) most of the personal details, photos and movies that I could and only drop in very occasionally to check or update with the elder relatives.

The slackness of Password security killed FB for me. Anything of importance can be passed to me by phone ... or a drop-by for a coffee and sticky bun. I try and educate the relatives to stop posting personal details that could be skimmed for fraudulent use, but it is an upward struggle with some non-tech-savvy family that think “password” is a good password!

This caper of using Facebook to automatically log in to web-sites, forums etc. for me is a no-no. Building ‘targeted’ advertising profiles is scary. Call me paranoid but I treasure my privacy. That’s enough folks! I’ve given you too much waffle already! ?

I post all my private info on Facebook because I know that they have it already so why not live a little?

Just kidding I have never used Facebook or Instagram before. It seems like a big time waster...

I'm like @AuldGimpy. Used it to keep up with the family separated by the oceans for a while. Then the drama began. Then the security issues. Then I decided I didn't really like most of my family very much anyway, and I got along just fine without hearing about their latest world-ending crises before social media came along. I told them to call if they needed me. Otherwise, I was done with it. Haven't been on FB more than half a dozen times in the last 3 years, and my stress levels have went down dramatically. Now I fly my drones, drink my beer, and shoot things. Life is much better!

Brad

I post all my private info on Facebook because I know that they have it already so why not live a little?

Just kidding I have never used Facebook or Instagram before. It seems like a big time waster...
[emoji16][emoji1787][emoji16]

My family is great, the wife and (grown) kids! ...but the miserable broken family that I come from will only use Facebook to destroy me..so no FB for me. And that’s too bad, looks like it has the potential to be fun and even bring a level of prosperity to business owners.

Reactions: Shoot4fun

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav