Original style H3-3D and new transmitter

Reaction score
Can the original style H3-3D gimbal work with the new transmitter? Followed the process widly posted on this forum and the camera always returns to the 45 degree position when the tilt wheel is released. I am using the latest RC Assistant and version 3.6. Now back to using the original transmitter and after a couple of failed attempts have the gimbal working properly using the slide lever on the back.

this topic comes up a lot - yes it absolutely works. Read my response it's the 2nd post in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36672

it's not in the 2nd post, but farther down I mention doing calibrations in both RC Assistant (USB -> RC) and Phantom Assistant (USB -> Phantom) so go ahead and do that once you get the setting right in Phantom Assistant.

the guy in that thread wound up having another issue that probably won't apply to you, most folks don't wind up having to take apart their RCs or anything

I followed this to the letter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 497
Timsytanker said:
The only things I didn't do were to move the wheel slowly and not adjust the tilt gain, are these important steps?

in my opinion, no. Your issue was/is: after pairing the NDJ6 RC with your Phantom, whenever you move the wheel and adjust the gimbal, it returns to 45 degrees when you release the wheel. That issue alone is due to the Controller Type not being set to "upgraded" in the Phantom Assistant software (with the Phantom connected to USB obviously), per my screen shot in the thread I linked above.
period, done.

now, it's a good idea to go ahead and re-calibrate all the sticks including the X1 wheel in both RC and Phantom Assistant softwares when you pair a new controller, but technically that's not directly related to the gimbal tilt issue... that's a "I paired a new RC" issue... know what I mean?

whoa, it was already "upgraded" but with your NDJ6 the gimbal keeps returning to 45 degrees when you release the wheel?

ok great! glad it worked out

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl