Ooooops- what have I done?

Reaction score
I up graded to the current firmware last week, haven't flown my craft because I wanted to do a imu calibration. So today I calibrate it along with the gimbal and fly it briefly in my back yard. I decide I want to go out front and fly it. I power it down, and I and realize I didn't have a sd card in it. So I grab one and insert it, I power it up and it is un responsive on the i pad mini 2 screen. I go over to the craft and it is making the same beeps as if it is updating. I turned it off ( probably a mistake ) , The card I inserted had the firmware on it and I didnt realize it and disconnected it before it was done. Now when I turn it on the light on the camera is red and the battery beeps at me constantly.

Ah, what should I do now to get it back to normal?

Rchjr

I up graded to the current firmware last week, haven't flown my craft because I wanted to do a imu calibration. So today I calibrate it along with the gimbal and fly it briefly in my back yard. I decide I want to go out front and fly it. I power it down, and I and realize I didn't have a sd card in it. So I grab one and insert it, I power it up and it is un responsive on the i pad mini 2 screen. I go over to the craft and it is making the same beeps as if it is updating. I turned it off ( probably a mistake ) , The card I inserted had the firmware on it and I didnt realize it and disconnected it before it was done. Now when I turn it on the light on the camera is red and the battery beeps at me constantly.

Rchjr

Try going through the firmware upgrade process again. If it does not allow you to do so, you may need to send it into DJI.

Rchjr
If you have taken the bin file off the card and it is still beeping, put it back on, and start the upgrade process again and let it beep, stick it in the closet if you need to. At the end of about 30 minutes, it should be fully upgraded.
What version are you upgrading to and what version was on your P3.

When you finish, you should have 1.3.2 on the controller and 1.4.1 on the Phantom.

Well I went thru the upgrade process again, only this time I sat it outside so I didn't have to hear the beep.Went back out about 10 minutes later, beeping from battery was gone and I was getting the 3 beeps to tell me update was done. All seems good, powered it up and everything seems fine.

You should pop that micro sd card into your computer, & remove the text file created from the update. If you have no other new battery that needs updating, the bin file can be safely removed as well. Glad to hear you got it back, under control. ;-)

Enjoy. . .

RedHotPoker

Well I went thru the upgrade process again, only this time I sat it outside so I didn't have to hear the beep.Went back out about 10 minutes later, beeping from battery was gone and I was getting the 3 beeps to tell me update was done. All seems good, powered it up and everything seems fine.

Had the same thing happen to me.... glad it worked out the same way... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl