Only 4-6 gps satellite ? Please help

I don't know but I think at that is like antenna as usually phantom have, if I look Google I see at that is same antenna with same nr. in the another phantom ...somethings is strange whit this...I try now, maybe 10 min slowly flying in building area and everything was OK. All time I had 8-10 satellite. Very strange, I be crazy with my phantom, I don't understand...I tested in open area today earlier and this was very bad...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Turn the GPS module over and look for the center solder point. Looking at the photo you have it loos as though that antenna has been replaced before or its out of alignment from a crash. The center pin is the only solder point to the GPS board. If all looks good then I would recommend ordering another Antenna for around $8-10 bucks and making the mod to a 4mm antenna. You will have to trim a little plastic from the top of the shell to get it to fit but that's no big deal.

image.jpg

If that doesn't get it then it may be the module itself instead of the antenna. Have to take steps to find the culprit.

Thanks RoyVa, I will test that [emoji106]

and the 4mm mod is superb

this is the ticket to solid vision plus gps lock.
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?keywords=931-1126-nd
or
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?keywords=931-1015-nd

Once you do this you will no longer wait forever for that 6 sat -
the new p3 standard also is bumped up to similar gain antenna

lots of things users found and learned since last fall got put into the new p3's

off topic --just sold my last p2 plus a couple hours ago...miss it already!

Thanks Kirk2579, I do order yesterday at the digikey and I hope they will ship that soon to Sweden, eagerly waiting :) I am hopefully at phantom be better...

Thanks Kirk2579, I do order yesterday at the digikey and I hope they will ship that soon to Sweden, eagerly waiting :) I am hopefully at phantom be better...

good luck, many videos on you tube showing exactly how to do the change!

it seemed some folks had gps issues while many didn't with the P2Vplus. If you did have issues it sucked to the point of many times waiting 5 minutes to get 6 sats. It may have to do with where located as well.

good luck and have fun flying!

Thanks Kirk2579, new antenna is fixes now, test flying tomorrow.... :)

Remember you have changed some hardware so I recommend a IMU calibration before flying.

do I need to go to Naza mode to make the IMU cal.?

Are you flying in the Naza mode then yes.

New antenna fixed, IMU calibration fixed, flying beginning ok, finding 6-7 satellite, one minute later 8-9 satellite and beginning circus, satellite jumping 8-6-4-5-6-4...not gps control and phantom is wild, not control and I can't fly that, that's feelings at phantom doing that what he want....and crash in sown ???
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When I rotate my phantom up and down in my window, home, that is what happens....??? This is not normal??

???

Allen does the same thing happen outside with a clear view of the sky. If it does and the satellites jump all over the place then you clearly have a problem with either the satellite module itself or the main board.

I would start with the GPS module itself. I have seen them on ebay from $79-100. It may have a hairline crack in the board or one of the tracks and the vibration cause it to open and close making the satellites jump up and down.
That's the only thing I can come up with and its not a 100% sure but it is a place to start. wish we had something more solid but this is a unique problem.

When you try it now what does it show that the satellites are doing. Are they jumping around like 8-6-4-8-11-4. And are not holding a continuous level.

When I rotate my phantom up and down in my window, home, that is what happens....??? This is not normal??

That is normal.
If you rapidly rock your phantom side to side, it will lose sats. Place your phantom on its side and it will lose 50% of its sats. Why? because it can only see half of the sky.

Now if you sit up right and keep it still, it shouldn't lose any sats. Dropping and gaining 1 is normal from time to time due to the sats continually moving.

Phantom lose satellite and jumping when I flying, than finding 7-8 sometimes 9 satellite before start but when I start flying satellite jumping 8-6-3-2-6-4-5-3-1......that isn't continuous level, I do order for new gps module and I hope that be better :(

Satellite jumping all time , that can find 10 but never locked this, from 10 to 3 and up maybe 4-5 and maybe 6 satellite 10 seconds and down again to 3-4 ......

Read half of this thread. Just asking. Did you do the foil hack? Adding a larger layer of foil to block the signal interference?

Yes, but same problem, not helping

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31