Only 4-6 gps satellite ? Please help

Reaction score
I have vision+ and try to fly but usually this find 5-6 satellite, somethimes 7-8 but can lost and find only -5 satellite and this be difficult to flying without gps. When I start everything is ok and green lamps ok and in beginning on flying this change, yellow lamps flashes and I have only 4-5 satellites, why? This is my first phantom so please if someone can help me..thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm not sure why you're having this problem. It's not unusual to have trouble once in a while but it shouldn't be often. But there are a couple mods that might solve the problem. Either one or both will generally enables you to lock 1-2 additional satellites. One is to re-route the GPS cable and the other is to add foil to the upper shell.

gps mod phantom 2 vision plus - YouTube

Good luck.

So long as there are no terrestrial issues such a mountains, tall buildings, or other items preventing a clear view of the sky...

The earlier P2Vs are/were known to have some GPS desense issues due to EMI from the onboard VTx and associated components.

Many people added additional shielding to the underside of the top shell half to further reduce EMI.
(Later DJI also increased the shield size and other cable treatments)
This has mostly positive results.

Reactions: dirtybum
Thanks people's , I do this with cable and folies now, I hope this be better, test tomorrow

If that doesn't work come back online and there are a lot of pilots here have had that issue as well, including myself and fixed the problem. We can make some suggestions.

Thanks RoyVa, today was bad weather so.... I will test tomorrow maybe, I hope that's be better ...

I have vision+ and try to fly but usually this find 5-6 satellite, somethimes 7-8 but can lost and find only -5 satellite and this be difficult to flying without gps. When I start everything is ok and green lamps ok and in beginning on flying this change, yellow lamps flashes and I have only 4-5 satellites, why? This is my first phantom so please if someone can help me..thanks

I did the aluminum foil mod, about 2 months ago. My results have been better . I flew today , at one point I was locked on 15 satellites ,this was the most yet. Be sure to cover your foil in saran wrap is what I used . I'm dfw tx.
Good luck .

Tested today, bad bad, this find 8-9 satellite and when I started flying than lost satellites and have 4,0, 3, 4, 6 , 5, 3...lost satellite communications and yellow lamps flashes , why??? Open space, and test this more on one places, same thing. ?????

You may have to open your shell and check the tightness of the GPS plug to the board. Sounds as though vibration is causing it to jump around. Only way to know for sure is to take a pice of something small and slide it in between the male plug to the femal to make it tight and steed fast. While you have it open you may want to make the foil mod to the top of the shell. You can find video on you tube about both of these issues. If you start with 8-9 satellites you should keep that many or gain more as you climb. Satellites jumping around means the cable plug is loose or if you've had a bad crash the GPS antenna could be cracked. If you have pretty good solder skills you may want to do the 4mm updated GPS mod. Works fantastic getting better reception.

Ok, I will test to open and look gps cable, I push inside folies two day's ago but today I see at that not help, thanks for help RoyVa [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

b89a769ae21150dd774224f1b8bdc6c5.jpg
b212825a6424c59df5a2ea73b30d29a9.jpg
d30f2641d64800e4932bf23f803b7fcb.jpg

I think gps antenna is ok, bus I have some silicon with some cables, is this original from fabrics or someone another do this??

Fixed with folies and look gps cable and this is ok now I think so but same things again, flying with 4,5,6,7 satellite, green and yellow flash changed all time and gps connection isn't stability??

Take a close look at your antenna and how it's affixed to the board. It looks askew. Is the connection cracked?

I can't see at this is cracked, this looks good ....

If the connection is cracked you won't see it.

If it's possible the craft has been in a tumbling crash or a hard angled crash, I'd assume you have a cracked connection because generally, DJI is very precise and does not solder antennas to the board like the one in your photo. IMO, a cracked connection is your most likely scenario. So if it was mine, I would carefully remove the antenna and solder it back on.

MHO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4