Old Fart Fliers.

62 right now, remember having to get off the couch to change the channels on the black and white T.V., Walt Disney's Wild World of Color at my Uncles house Sunday night, Bought the first Pong game, one of the first hand held adding machines, 386 computer, remember when Windows first hit the store, dial up modem's that was a long distance phone call. Took typing in junior high and was laughed at, but served me well all my life. Fell immediately in love with my P2 HD-3D, FPV after contol line plane in the early 70's and waiting on my P3P to show up.

61 going on 16...
Oh you can always tether your quads if you desire...

How fast can You fly though?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RedHotPoker
Hey silly feller Thats haow we did it in the 60's. Now ya got that box with the antenna....jus sayin. But groovy!

I remember playing the Oregon trail on a apple II.

Remember the first remote that came bundled with our new TV?
Yeah, It was wired, and when you changed the channel, it made a very loud chuchung.
Sounded like something broke inside the the old B&W set... ;-)
And talk about annoying, plus back then, we only had three stations, & one was French... Which was awesome. They often played R rated movies later on at night, with plenty of romantic "inter~ludes"...
More in and out, than a filders elbow.

RedHotPoker

****. This thread flew.Only real planes I was in were civilian oh wait Military one flying over to the Mediterranean to catch my ship. After that was on a carrier for 67-68. Loved watching the F4J's launch. the other fighters etc were cool but the F4's were my favorite. The crews worked their asses off while be blew the hell out of the NVA's. Johnny Walker OMG Rum is the only way to go Har Har Har
images (1).jpg

Arg to you then matey,
Eh, & look at you, Ya old Pirate you... ;-)

Old_Pirate_by_JaumeCullell.jpg

RedHotPoker

****. This thread flew.Only real planes I was in were civilian oh wait Military one flying over to the Mediterranean to catch my ship. After that was on a carrier for 67-68. Loved watching the F4J's launch. the other fighters etc were cool but the F4's were my favorite. The crews worked their asses off while be blew the hell out of the NVA's. Johnny Walker OMG Rum is the only way to go Har Har Har
View attachment 19879
My brother was on the Connie, A4D jockey while I was cruising low over the central Highlands in a Slick, Always told me he would keep the NVA off my *** if I ever went down.... I did and he didn't..... long story.

Reactions: Seadog
My brother was on the Connie, A4D jockey while I was cruising low over the central Highlands in a Slick, Always told me he would keep the NVA off my *** if I ever went down.... I did and he didn't..... long story.
Wow. I got the Lat. Long. of all our pilots that went down. Awhile back on goggle earth I did a pin point of each one and what happened. Seems like yesterday

How us young folk feel following this thread. It's been a pretty good read.

0417b03bda884fe1e39b00e6f73eaf50.jpg

Reactions: Clampit
lousy quality due to age of the Super 8 film but what did I know back then.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Jeff48920
Fitty 7 here. My wife says I'm a 12 year old with resources. I'm good with that.

And to all of you vets, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!

Im 53 and a avid gamer and have all the consols and the P3 is my 3rd quad. Oh, having a hip replacement 9 of june...

How us young folk feel following this thread. It's been a pretty good read.

0417b03bda884fe1e39b00e6f73eaf50.jpg

Just finished reading this thread, great reading guys, thanks for sharing;)

Yep 50 next month But my only problem:eek:I don't fly a P3, still Flying a P2V, next month could be different though if I'm a good boy in my wife's eyes:D:D could it beeeeee a P3 for my 50th;);) fingers X

I'm old enough to have enjoyed smoking a cigarettes/cigars on a plane. People actually believed L Ron Hubbard's crap, and russians where gonna get us!!
**** i miss those simple "commies are the enemies" days. Like some comedian said " the war on terror might as well be a war on jealousy." Russians were so simple.....aahhh the good ol days

Reactions: Jeff48920
... I remember having to get up out of the chair to change channels on the TV....remotes not developed yet.

And when the first wired ones came out, where you could control the tv from a remote on a long cable.

.... 386 computer....
Late starter into computers were you?
I had a TRS-80 Tandy Co-Co, 16k and you typed your own programs in out of a magazine, then saved them to cassette tapes. Which was vastly better than punching the program into cardboard cards you fed into the first computer we had back when I was at school.
My first "real" computer was a 286-AT and I paid extra to have one meg of RAM, when most were only 640kb.
Even then you often couldn't run things because there was a difference between extended RAM and enhanced RAM.

Speaking of Cassettes, having to turn them over, or rewind them, and as for "shuffle" LOL, yeah, right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers