Oh No! P4P writing corrupt files to card.

Well, that's not good. Hard to believe that the latest model Phantom would not utilize the latest card technology. Those cards are made for video. Checking in with DJI now.

Sadly you are correct. I cancelled that order and bought new Lexar 633x UHS-1 cards and saved some money, too.

Last edited:
Well, that's not good. Hard to believe that the latest model Phantom would not utilize the latest card technology. Those cards are made for video. Checking in with DJI now.

Sadly you are correct. I cancelled that order and bought new Lexar 633x UHS-1 cards and saved some money, too.
Make sure that is SDXC I and that is Class 10 U3. Although U1 do work for video, you are cutting it close. I think the drones records at 12.5 Mb/s and U1 writes around 18Mb/s.

Edit: If it can't write at an adecuate speed, you will end up with video with frames skipped.

Is U1 different than UHS-1? Then what does 633x mean? Too many darn specs to track. I'll be doing an actual speed test when I get them.

Well, this sure is a learning curve.! OK I've now found the 64GB UHS-1 U3 600x Sandisk at my dealer, Samy's. They are slowly seeing less Lexars as Lexar is ramping down their production. So I went with SanDisk. They seem to have an equally good rep.

Well, this sure is a learning curve.! OK I've now found the 64GB UHS-1 U3 600x Sandisk at my dealer, Samy's. They are slowly seeing less Lexars as Lexar is ramping down their production. So I went with SanDisk. They seem to have an equally good rep.
main-qimg-23166a9174a99a70a577056599c4bfe0-c.jpeg

Reactions: Oso
Ansia, you come up with the best stuff! I see there will always be better and faster. What I need is adequate! Here's what I got:
L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L21haW4vUy0wNTE0ODh4MTAwMC5qcGc=_H_SH222_MW222.jpg

Reactions: Ansia
The good thing about charts like this one is they show write speed which if often not advertised by manufacturers. Manufactures normally promote read speeds.
The P4P v2 writes at a Max Video Bitrate of 100 Mbp/s (12.5 MB/s), so higher write speed cards for a P4P v2 are generally more important than with the slower writing P3 models.

Reactions: Ansia
I have similar issues on occasion. On one occasion I was able to put the card back in the drone, and the files were fine when viewed through the Go4 app. I downloaded them directly to my iPad through the app, and they were then usable. Did not work for all files, but I was able to get about half of them.

Many programs will recover pictures from formatted cards- should try one of those!

Many programs will recover pictures from formatted cards- should try one of those!

I purchased a data recovery app from Stellar for $150. Did not work on my card. The card must be very disturbed and I couldn't even get a DNG recovered. I am giving up on this.

I bought a 128GB Samsung EVO Select for my GoPro. Didn't work at all. Tried it in my P3A and it worked, to a point. Got some corrupted files after about 16GB worth of video. After watching the video @Ansia posted (long ago discarded the packaging, unfortunately), I find the black edges and poor printing on the micro card. The reverse has "Made in Taiwan" printed on it. Transfer rate for reading is about 4-7 MB/sec.

Sticking to my SanDisk Extreme 64GB cards. Never had a problem with them. GoPros don't complain about them either.

Reactions: Ansia and JeffreyS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic