Offline maps

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but I am a dji noob. When I select offline maps in the latest version of the app my location appears with a square around it. I assume the area inside the square is the area that will get downloaded. Online I have seen videos where people select their country and then choose state(s) to download. Is this something dji changed or am I missing something? What if I want to fly outside the square? Ohh yea, I'm using android. Thanks in advance for any information.

When I select offline maps in the latest version of the app my location appears with a square around it. I assume the area inside the square is the area that will get downloaded.
That's how it works in the current version of DJI GO.

Online I have seen videos where people select their country and then choose state(s) to download.
That's how it works in older versions of DJI GO. For example:

Reactions: OOO
Yes I sure that how I remember it,now offline map not work for me ,could be op error but used to work just fine,after this new Map box map appear after one update ,me maps not the same no more,will try swap back one day

Reactions: p3s_noob
Is there any way to get maps while flying without internet?
You could setup a hotspot on a mobile phone (if you have cellular service) and connect your mobile device to it.

You could setup a hotspot on a mobile phone (if you have cellular service) and connect your mobile device to it.
Thanks for that but I haven't connected my dedicated tablet to the web for a couple of years to avoid updates so the idea was to have maps without the web.
They're not really necessary so it was just a thought.
One thing though
Until recently my flight records have always shown where I've been flying but now they just say NO GPS although nothing has been changed and the bird is always in P mode with plenty of sats?
Any ideas on why the sudden change?

Until recently my flight records have always shown where I've been flying but now they just say NO GPS although nothing has been changed and the bird is always in P mode with plenty of sats?
I've seen other people mention that, but I'm not aware of a fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20