Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Dropbox - Any dirty bum can fly without a camera
I do not want this added to the leaderboard!
I just wanted to show that yes, even though taking the camera off could be considered a mod, it's a complete different type of record and is an unfair advantage to the way we fly distance. Whether you use battery mods and special antennas or you just fly stock[emoji41]

Reactions: Rueben
I just wanted to show that yes, even though taking the camera off could be considered a mod, it's a complete different type of record and is an unfair advantage to the way we fly distance. Whether you use battery mods and special antennas or you just fly stock[emoji41]
What's that? You want that added to the board? Done & Done!!!

Haha, jk! Very nice!

So just going by the pic , a dog or bear stomped your bird to death[emoji41]

Ha ha! I knew you'd take the camera-less challenge DB. Great flight and I think it should go on the leaderboard. A mod is a mod in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ha ha! I knew you'd take the camera-less challenge DB. Great flight and I think it should go on the leaderboard. A mod is a mod in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks DennyBo! It's very impressive that we can even go past 10 miles with these antennas! The Terminator and the Maxxrange came out exactly when we needed them to, and they changed the game as far as signal goes. When you go out 10 miles, even if you still have 70% bat left, you can't afford to be losing signal even two times! Slowing down to 22 mph in RTH mode is not an option. Thanks but no I don't care for this to be on the leaderboard, so far most of my flights are around 32 minutes long, I just wanted to show that if you ditch the weight of the camera and use that slot for extra batteries anybody can do that range and flight time. But not anybody can do some of the numbers that are up on the leaderboard trying to balance a camera and big batteries and weight ratios! Flying with no cameras not something I would like to continue, it was worry-some and took all the fun out of it.
But seeing that Maxxrange go out to 60,000 & back with not a single dip in the bars definitely makes me want to take this one with camera on a long overdue one-way trip that I haven't done with the Maxx yet[emoji41]

P3P stock (100% stock except the arm stickers), with no boosters or antennas. 14,905.2 feet. Total flight distance of 32,795.9 feet. Had a 20mph wind going out, it killed me coming back. I landed at 8% when emergency landing kicked in. I'm on FW 1.08.

wYWZ94w.jpg

I have a home made windsurfer I'm going to try in the same spot this weekend, hopefully without the 20mph wind :)

edit: and this was my view :) Oregon rules!
Vtue9l0.jpg

edit 2: fixed screenshot

Last edited:
P3P stock (100% stock except the arm stickers), with no boosters or antennas. 14,905.2 feet. Total flight distance of 32,795.9 feet. Had a 20mph wind going out, it killed me coming back. I landed at 8% when emergency landing kicked in. I'm on FW 1.08.

ek13Aru.png

I have a home made windsurfer I'm going to try in the same spot this weekend, hopefully without the 20mph wind :)

Vtue9l0.jpg
****, Oregon RULES!

Thanks DennyBo! It's very impressive that we can even go past 10 miles with these antennas! The Terminator and the Maxxrange came out exactly when we needed them to, and they changed the game as far as signal goes. When you go out 10 miles, even if you still have 70% bat left, you can't afford to be losing signal even two times! Slowing down to 22 mph in RTH mode is not an option. Thanks but no I don't care for this to be on the leaderboard, so far most of my flights are around 32 minutes long, I just wanted to show that if you ditch the weight of the camera and use that slot for extra batteries anybody can do that range and flight time. But not anybody can do some of the numbers that are up on the leaderboard trying to balance a camera and big batteries and weight ratios! Flying with no cameras not something I would like to continue, it was worry-some and took all the fun out of it.
But seeing that Maxxrange go out to 60,000 & back with not a single dip in the bars definitely makes me want to take this one with camera on a long overdue one-way trip that I haven't done with the Maxx yet[emoji41]
Great flight now I'm glad you and Ed agree with me on this one. Removing the camera will also remove a lot of what makes long-range flying fun.

Great flight now I'm glad you and Ed agree with me on this one. Removing the camera will also remove a lot of what makes long-range flying fun.
Fun and safer, it's not a big issue for me here just flying over cornfields probably not going to hurt anybody if I hit a bird or a powerline I wasn't aware of because I don't got the camera. And it probably was no big issue for James flying over the coast. But if you cant see that one tower or high powerlines that you forgot about it could be a problem.
(and no I'm not preaching here, nobody's more reckless that I am)

wYWZ94w.jpg

Vtue9l0.jpg

edit 2: fixed screenshot

Wow, that's a great view! Wish I had some scenery like that to fly over...nothing but flat farmland around me.

Reactions: Digdat0

I agree on the camera DB...these things wouldn't be near as much fun without it. I think I get more enjoyment out of watching my footage than actually flying.

Ok, I think I have everyone updated. I think we'll max it out at 30 spots.

Anyone else brave enough for the suicide runs?? Haha!

Going to do a suicide mission real soon with that Maxx. I just got a wait for the winds to be right because I want to go in that exact same flight path for it to be a fair comparison.

Ok, I think I have everyone updated. I think we'll max it out at 30 spots.

Anyone else brave enough for the suicide runs?? Haha!
Yeah, you guys should get out there and try one, maybe get a buddy to wait at the other end so you're not so stressed. Honestly a one-way mission is way less stressful than try to make it back

Reactions: Lee SK
Yeah, you guys should get out there and try one, maybe get a buddy to wait at the other end so you're not so stressed. Honestly a one-way mission is way less stressful than try to make it back
Hi, Dirtybum
Which the battery is best for external lipo? MultiStar HV 6.6 ?

Hi, Dirtybum
Which the battery is best for external lipo? MultiStar HV 6.6 ?
That depends on who you ask! Ask me I say it's MultiStar 5.2 single battery, ask unknown he'll probably tell you it's his 5.2 split,ask gadget guy he might tell you it's Maxamp 2800s. I personally like the big single batteries, but I think the 6.6 is too big. You should give it a try though, I found it to be awesome flight time, but the flight was too erratic! If you brake too hard the a/c almost does a backflip, if you're trying to keep throttle up and it's trying to autoland why you're trying to make it home it yaws to the left and right. Here's my tops:
1. 5.2 MultiStar
2. 4.0 MultiStar
3. Horizon five point to split
4. Maxamp 2000's

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed209 and Lee SK

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members