Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Reaction score
This leaderboard is sponsored by Maxx UAV. For all your signal and range improvement needs, check out maxxuav.com

USA Customers: maxxuav.com
Canada Customers: maxxuav.ca
Europe Customers: maxxuav.eu

Each store ships world wide!

I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was and tag me in the post with @JakeMaxxUAV

This is for farthest distance away from home, not total distance traveled.

Edit: If I miss your post, send me a PM.

Return Flights

1. Pablo Chacon - 70,545 ft - ARC 19dBi Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. dirtybum - 63,160 ft - Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
3. Digdat0 - 60,937 ft- Pro97 Sniper, Boosted, Battery Mod
4. mohan - 57,572 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
5. FLPTFLYER 56,911 ft - ItElite Atlas, Boosted, Battery Mod
6. Ed209 -
54,287 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
7. Rueben - 54,237 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
8. Fanti - 52,976 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod

9. Lee SK - 52,406 ft - Horizon ESLR - Battery Mod
10. Silverwingflinx - 47,203 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
11. ray rokni - 46,837 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
12. Pluto88888 - 44,070 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
13. Ozziebattler - 42,746 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
14. mandalay - 42,061 ft - Windsurfer, Battery Mod
15. Prowler - 41,226 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
16. Horizonimg - 40,508 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
17. Phantom751874 - 40,425 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
18. Fredz - 40,277 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
19. Atlantic Surfer - 37,823 ft - Windsurfer, Battery Mod
20. Alan Russell - 37,112 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod
21. mrdave543 - 34,233 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Battery Mod
22. NoBiffBetter - 30,199 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Battery Mod
23. tml4191 - 29,958 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
24. RocketBrew- 26,550 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod
25. Sputnik28 - 25,528 ft - Stock
26. Jtrjr - 25,209.5 ft - Windsurfer
27. Phantoss - 23,009 ft - Stock
28. cjoffutt - 22,366 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted

29. Phantomfreak - 22,324 ft - Windsurfer
30. phxbird57 - 22,183 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna

Suicide Missions (One Way)
1. Pablo Chacon - 128,731 ft - ARC 19dBi Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod (Post #1850)
2. dirtybum - 101,657.3 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
3. mohan - 65,500 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted
4. Ed209 - 55,075 ft - MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
5. Lee SK - 49,352 ft - Horizon ESLR - Battery Mod
6. Prowler - 41,226 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna
7. Sputnik28 - 30,834 ft - Stock

Last edited:
Well I will start with just my Standard ,has an itelite and bird does have fpvlr dipoles but it is what it is :)
3.04 miles.PNG

Are we posting max range even without making it back to the home point or do we have to make it back and land at the home point?

Are we posting max range even without making it back to the home point or do we have to make it back and land at the home point?
Let's keep the leaderboard to return flights only. Although, I am curious how far you made it out and what setup you had?

My range record with return to home is 51,059ft I landed with 1% battery. My one way record is 30,500ft on that run when I hit 30,500' the bird disconnected from the controller and auto landed.

I have no mods completely stick out of the box. But I do range tests on a frozen lake the nearest wifi interference would be miles the nearest town is 30 miles.

c0353d5b65680d8b240a7d73b6cda7ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Either I must be underestimating the interference in my area or there is something wrong. The P3A I had a couple of months ago would get, at most, 2,500ft and start to lose signal. I could get 1600ft altitude and not lose any signal. I gave that away as a wedding present and picked up a P3P last week. Same spot same conditions: lose signal at 2,200ft. Lose signal at altitude 1,000ft. The P3P seems to be worse than the P3A. Everything is stock. I'm in the Orlando Florida area but in a more rural spot. Right on a canal that leads to a 12,000 acre lake. I have a straight line of sight from my backyard to the lake. A few trees but not blocking line of site. No power stations, cell towers or power lines anywhere near. 15-18 satellites on GPS. Fly using DJI Go or AutoPilot. Both give me the same range. When I get on here and see people post 15,000 - 20,000 - 30,000ft - STOCK!! It makes me wonder if 1) there's some type of interference in my area I'm Not aware of. 2) there's something wrong with my set-up. 3) people posting these distances are hallucinating. Now I know it's not #3 because it's clear the people on here know what they are doing and I don't believe for a second they are making this stuff up. That leaves 1 or 2. Can somebody give me an idea of why I'm getting such poor range stock? I did just buy the ITElite with clean install from Jake. I'll be sending him my controller Monday for the mod. But will that mean I'll just get 4,000-5,000ft because I'm starting at such low range? I'm baffled. Help.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Either I must be underestimating the interference in my area or there is something wrong. The P3A I had a couple of months ago would get, at most, 2,500ft and start to lose signal. I could get 1600ft altitude and not lose any signal. I gave that away as a wedding present and picked up a P3P last week. Same spot same conditions: lose signal at 2,200ft. Lose signal at altitude 1,000ft. The P3P seems to be worse than the P3A. Everything is stock. I'm in the Orlando Florida area but in a more rural spot. Right on a canal that leads to a 12,000 acre lake. I have a straight line of sight from my backyard to the lake. A few trees but not blocking line of site. No power stations, cell towers or power lines anywhere near. 15-18 satellites on GPS. Fly using DJI Go or AutoPilot. Both give me the same range. When I get on here and see people post 15,000 - 20,000 - 30,000ft - STOCK!! It makes me wonder if 1) there's some type of interference in my area I'm Not aware of. 2) there's something wrong with my set-up. 3) people posting these distances are hallucinating. Now I know it's not #3 because it's clear the people on here know what they are doing and I don't believe for a second they are making this stuff up. That leaves 1 or 2. Can somebody give me an idea of why I'm getting such poor range stock? I did just buy the ITElite with clean install from Jake. I'll be sending him my controller Monday for the mod. But will that mean I'll just get 4,000-5,000ft because I'm starting at such low range? I'm baffled. Help.

It sounds like there is a lot of interference you're not aware of. Have you tried flying in a different location? I'd drive as far away from anything as you can get and give it a try. 2,200 feet for a P3P is on the low end of stock range, but it's not unheard of. I'll test your remote with my Phantom 4. In my area I'm able to hit 9500-10,000 feet with the ItElite, so if it hits that, it's got to be some strange interference in your area.

Good point Jake. I did actually get about 2,700ft at a location 6 miles from here. A parking lot and wide open fields with a few low buildings around. But that was with the P3A. I haven't gone anywhere else yet with the P3P. I'll try tomorrow and let you know.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461988285.696067.jpg

FPVLR V-2 boosted p3p 1.19
10+ miles doing a signal run not a distance run, no intention of making it all the way back to home point. If this doesn't fit into the leaderboard,let me know I'll post a different one where I did make it back home

Reactions: Jtrjr
View attachment 52114
10+ miles doing a signal run not a distance run, no intention of making it all the way back to home point. If this doesn't fit into the leaderboard,let me know I'll post a different one where I did make it back home
I'll leave it up to you guys, should we have one way flights?

Maybe separate the 2 lists? I'm interested to see the one way flights too.

I definitely would want you to put an asterisk next to that flight! Everybody who knows me knows that I was going for a signal run not a distance run it was just too windy that day. And I think at the end it should read "one-way trip" maybe that's how you could enter those types in

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic