HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
View attachment 52568 Did a different suicide run

Remote take off and fly to me 65500K feet - 50% battery left

Terminator boosted

View attachment 52567

Healthy drones
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Perfect!!!

I took off from home point and flew a good flight path one that I knew that I would be good for at least 10 miles unboosted, but this was a boosted run. Once I got down to 15% battery past 100,000', I started to lose video feed a little bit so I just backed up about 200 feet until I hit the 10% autoland so I could let it land safely under my control

Dirty,

A bit off subject but just came in from my first attempt, stock except for Windsurfer, 32,500+, 16,252 from Home Point. Since I only fly with Litchi, it's going to take a bit to post the results.

Jerry

Please share with me a good reason not to or good reason that updating is better, I've decided lately if it's going good don't update because it could reduce range. Of course that crash at 10 to 12 miles yesterday wasn't nice and very UNtypical of that device,so maybe it's an issue of needing update
You're right. I am also using 2.7.1, which was the latest version before they did the major UI overhaul (2.7.2) which I did not like. 2.7.1 still recognizes P4 though.
But I've flown for ages on 2.4.0.

Hey guys, I started a similar thread in the Phantom 4 group and had a few people asking about a P3 leaderboard. If you're looking for long range solutions, this will be a great thread to read through and get advice from people.

Jake,

Okay, I think I made the board. Stock P3Pro with a Windsurfer, no mods. 17,059' from Home Point, 38,102' total flight distance.

Jerry

LD Run02-17059.jpg
LD Run02-38102.jpg

Reactions: dirtybum
Well I wanted to see what it would be like to have a second man starting a copter at a remote location, establish link and fly it towards me. That way the signal was always going to get stronger.

When the copter was powered it established a link at full bars on the boosted terminator antenna

All I needed was a good tailwind. Hence I flew 65000K feet on 50% wind helping me. If the wind direction changed I would have turned around and did a remote landing by going back. That would have been 130K feet which really impossible without wind assistance. It was over the ocean so even a couple of hundred feet short would be fish food on my return leg if I chanced it. Today during a crazy mission I had the DJI battery switch off at 0% and I kept flying on the auxiliary batteries and it kept reporting battery errors. Auxiliary batteries destroyed as voltage was 3.0V on one of the cells. Copter kept flying and landed it!

Hyperions x2 2800 HV 4S packs

Suntans 1500MW amps (old silver ones)

Mohan

Remote take off!! That's interesting!! Care to share just a tiny bit more[/QUO

Looks like a good place to fly, similar to my terrain. It's a good day[emoji41]

So your Hyperions were destroyed by doing that, Mohan? How come? No way to recover?

Well I wanted to see what it would be like to have a second man starting a copter at a remote location, establish link and fly it towards me. That way the signal was always going to get stronger.

When the copter was powered it established a link at full bars on the boosted terminator antenna

All I needed was a good tailwind. Hence I flew 65000K feet on 50% wind helping me. If the wind direction changed I would have turned around and did a remote landing by going back. That would have been 130K feet which really impossible without wind assistance. It was over the ocean so even a couple of hundred feet short would be fish food on my return leg if I chanced it. Today during a crazy mission I had the DJI battery switch off at 0% and I kept flying on the auxiliary batteries and it kept reporting battery errors. Auxiliary batteries destroyed as voltage was 3.0V on one of the cells. Copter kept flying and landed it!

Hyperions x2 2800 HV 4S packs

Suntans 1500MW amps (old silver ones)

Mohan
The telltale sign that the battery is going to shut off and give you battery errors is when you plug in the externals the main battery starts blinking like it's charging(but you guys already know this)
One trick that I found works for me 95% of the time when I'm having that problem, is to wait until the app says GPS ready to fly, then go plug in the external's and as quick as you can fire the motors up!when it takes me too long to fire the motors up a lot of times it'll start blinking and I have to shut it down and start over,but most of the time if I start the motors quickly and get it hovering it all balances out!
You can still repair those batteries that dip below 3 V by charging them on the lowest setting of NiCad right

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Hey guys, I started a similar thread in the Phantom 4 group and had a few people asking about a P3 leaderboard. If you're looking for long range solutions, this will be a great thread to read through and get advice from people.

Jake,

Please move me up 25,209.5' from Home Point. P3Pro with Windsurfer.

Thanks,

Jerry

Distance Run 03-25209.jpg

Reactions: Jtrjr
image.png
image.png
So your Hyperions were destroyed by doing that, Mohan? How come? No way to recover?

They are not destroyed but once one of the cells dips to 3.0V you don't want to trust that pack. We might put it though a couple of charge cycles.

Dirtybum - we didnt get the initial charge cycle. This flight where the batteries shut off was a standard flight but batteries started to dip. Further analysis shows that the battery had 45 charge cycles, was rate 80% by Healthy drones and therefore cell 1 of main P3 battery was failing. It dragged down the slave hyeprions down as well. Moral of the story - don't run knackered batteries to the ground. Check they are newish if you are doing suicide missions

Have you ever seen a 1% battery life in green before? The 400 feet is behind us - we overshot us and went past due to panic / pandemonium/ inability to see screen and the angle of return having no suitable landing spots in a hurry. Went for the big grass patch behind us than risk landing on the cement

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtrjr
No I havent seen 1% in green, but my app doesnt look like that either!
My protocol is if I fly a main p3 dji bat on its own to test wind and the app shows it only produces 12 min. or less to start the timer, its retired[emoji41]

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik