Obsidian phantom 4 pro fixed

Reaction score
I bought a obsidian phantom 4pro from e-bay it was supposed to be pristine I opened it and guess what the shell was cracked were you put the battery and on the top half on one side on both mounts it was scraped and the cover was screw cover on the leg was slightly protruding so I sent it off to drone doctor to get fixed anyway I got quoted £150.00 JUST for the bottom shell not the protruding screw cover or the cosmetic damage next to the 2 mounts OR £315.00 for the full shell to be changed so it would come back as new I paid £740.00 for it but got £150.00 refunded due to the damage so I paid £590.00 for it if I take option 1 I have paid £740.00 for it if I take option 2 I have paid £845.00 for it but it comes back as new so I took option 2 and cannot wait for it too come back or by the way the rubber is also missing on the charging port on the handset

Reactions: Capt KO
The word“pristine” would be questionable when it comes to eBay. I think some of the sellers there are just hoping you don’t pursue whatever issue they present you with. Must have been a reasonable seller if you got some form of discount back.
The rubber plug on the controller is not uncommon. If you happen to find a new one, please post.

While my drone is in getting repaired I am thinking about getting a range extender on but are they worth it ???

If I understand you one long sentence....... you’ve already already decided on taking option 2 and can’t wait for it to come back. Exactly what advice are you asking us for?

Last edited:
If I understand you one long sentence....... you’ve already already decided on taking option 2 and can’t wait for it to come back. Exactly what advice are you asking us for?
What do you think about range extenders????????? and yes I took option 2 I think anyone would have to be fair would you ??

Honestly, I think your first mistake was accepting the purchase after opening the package and seeing it clearly was not as described. I would have sent it back. Ebay gives that advantage to the buyers. Unfortunately, some dishonest buyers also take advantage of this policy. From your description, it doesn't seem like that would have been the case in this situation.
Regarding extenders, I've not had the need. When I first bought my obsidian pro, I flew it past the point where I could clearly see it a few times (before VLOS...). Once or twice last year, I did have my screen get pixelated where I couldn't see what was happening throught he lens for a few seconds. The drone wasn't that far away, I could still it visually. That evening I researching and found a YouTube by Ken Heron that way having the same issue. He attributed this to a mix match of firmware and software. I upgraded both of these to the lastest and greatest at that time and haven't seen a pixelated screen since. I really don't fly that far away. Anything over 1500 ft and it's a dot to me. Right conditions and I might still see it at 2500 ft. Not sure, I have no reason to push this envelope and do my best to stay on the safe side.

Reactions: Bill32174
I personally wouldn't buy something like a drone off ebay as second-hand. Too much risk associated with condition and previous owners. It's not hard to remove the locked-internal memory card and wipe it to present it as a 'new' drone

RoOSTA

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31