O Crap

Reaction score
I was flying a waypoint mission this morning at a local park, the drone was @ wp 3 at 98' alt when i herd the honking of a flock of Geese, well i thought about climbing to higher altitude but didn't have time, i paused the mission and just watched the birds react to my drone, they were still 50' above me so they were safe. I resumed the mission and finished safely. If i had climbed to a higher altitude when i first herd them, i would be reporting a bird strike today...

I think that a proper reaction to the sound of approaching birds or aircraft should always be dive! dive! dive! At best, they will fly over. At worst, the collision will occur at lower altitude reducing the damage after the freefall.

I think that a proper reaction to the sound of approaching birds or aircraft should always be dive! dive! dive! At best, they will fly over. At worst, the collision will occur at lower altitude reducing the damage after the freefall.

I disagree with this. The Phantom climbs faster than it can "dive", and birds will always dive to avoid a collision.

Reactions: a31burgervan
I disagree with this. The Phantom climbs faster than it can "dive", and birds will always dive to avoid a collision.
Not always, they almost always attack from above and instinctively climb above their prey or a considered threat to give a tactical advantage. Up and away is the best course, you are less of a threat if you are seen to be retreating and more of a challenge if above them.

Not always, they almost always attack from above and instinctively climb above their prey or a considered threat to give a tactical advantage. Up and away is the best course, you are less of a threat if you are seen to be retreating and more of a challenge if above them.
Yeh hi jump into thead ,,i have lot of fun with seagulls here some of them very wild and try dive bomb me ,,close calls ,,no feathers fly yet ,,but i dont want drop out of sky either:eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20